Collapse

2015 Subaru WRX Debuts at L.A. Auto Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I am still in the 40 something club !!!
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by bikeindirt View Post
      The "50" was a jab directed at William,,, and I just recently got my "40-something" license, so go suck an egg...

But it is a sign of a great marketing achievement... "subaru= rally" is very ingrained in the very people they are marketing car to now... nicely done.

BID
      Mitsubishi Evo spent a lot less time as a World rally car than Subaru, and they still market it that way too. The difference is that the Evo is a better street car than a WRX/STI
      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bikeindirt View Post
        The "50" was a jab directed at William,,,

BID
        He was trying to make it look like a compliment,but you ruined everything

Comment

Whomever these new, young designers for Japanese brands are, they're boring rather than vibrant. Milquetoast designs for milquetoast millenials? Derivative designs for 30-somethings and 30-somethings at heart? How is anyone going to stance one of these out when they look so plain?

Looks like a previous-gen Corolla with Scion headlights and a Ford nose. The sculpting down the sides can't save the design from being boring.

I want a small sedan that has usable back seats, but not seats that are made for anyone over 6'. I mainly just want to be able to fold them down and put my dogs back there. They went the wrong way, making it larger than the Impreza, and the phrase "sportier looking" sounds more like "pretend."

Modern cars make me grumpy.
          Steve C.
          1992 Nissan 240SX
          Sub-2200lbs, stock with bolt-ons, Blackbird cage
          1998 BMW M3/4/5 Bostongrun/Modena 62k miles

Comment

It'll still blow up when you take it to the track
            01 Miata LS - VF Supercharged/6MT with 4.3 Torsen/15x9 6UL/XIDA-S/Sways/Bushings/GTC200 - Buttonwillow 13CW - 2:04.56
            09 WRX - 518whp on Rotated GTX3076R/17x9 DPT/RCE Tarmac 2/Sways/Bushings

Comment

I must say the direction of the concept car was dead-on. The production version got a little clunky, but it is better than the model it replaces.

Click image for larger version

Name:	05-subaru-wrx-concept-ny.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	298.0 KB
ID:	228717Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-WRX-Concept-side.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	228718Click image for larger version

Name:	Subaru-WRX-concept-02.jpg
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	228719
              www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

It's starting to look like an EVO... IMHO
                That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Comment

I can sum up that new design in one word: slabby.

Those fenders remind me of a dog's jowels when the wind peels them back hanging out the window of a car.
                  Yer pal,
                  Force

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
                    I must say the direction of the concept car was dead-on. The production version got a little clunky, but it is better than the model it replaces.
                    That looks like a 3 different cars in the same color from 3 different angles,or Junkyard Warriors creation,worst being a rear clip from Maxima/Altima concept

Comment

I really which automakers would stop designing rear bumpers to be diffuser look-alikes and just came up with a good looking sculpted piece instead.
                      Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

When I bought my WRX hatch, I wasn't as happy with the car's aesthetics as I was with its utility and usefulness. I was looking for a new car that was relatively light by today's new car standards (3100 ish dry), spacious enough to haul junk when I need to, wasn't FWD, and had folding rear seats. The WRX fit the bill pretty good and I accepted its ugly looks as a tradeoff. I'm glad I didn't get a sedan.

With my ugly WRX, I can:
                        Haul up to 10 wheels and tires
                        Haul 4 passengers
                        Go snowboarding and drive in snow with the right tires if necessary (haven't needed to yet)
                        Put surfboards on the roof rack and still haul people
                        Get 24-25 mpg if I don't drive like an asshat
                        Have enough horsepower to put other asshat drivers in their place if necessary

I looked at an EVO X and the trunk is barely big enough to fit a dead hooker. And the rear seats don't fold.

I just didn't expect the motor to blow up on me, lol.
                        -Kevin M.

2010 Subaru WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
                          Any word on a 5 door? MPG?
                          Fuel economy figures are 21/28. 2015 models are four-door sedans only.
                          www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Fuel economy figures are 21/28. 2015 models are four-door sedans only.
                            My next car is looking more like a truck everyday.
                            99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                            '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

The company has come a long way. Bleccccccch!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6357[/ATTACH]
                              Colorado plates of course . . . This car "grew up: in the northwest and mountain states.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
                                My next car is looking more like a truck everyday.
                                That sounds like a country song
                                That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Comment

Working...
                                X