Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

Radical SR3 / 8 Cover

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Radical SR3 / 8 Cover

    I have been looking for a cover for my Radical SR3 for a while. Radical and Spring mountain sell covers but They are expensive and I couldn't get a good description of the material. So I contacted Cover King and they offered to make a custom cover for me. They really did a fantastic job! They have a wide variety of materials and colors to choose from. I chose satin stretch and it fits like a glove. I want to extend a big thank you to Ray the team at Cover king for taking the time to make this cover for me. Now that they have the pattern, anyone can order one. Here are a few pictures. Give them a call if you need a Radical SR 3 / 8 cover. (I have no financial interest in this, I am just appreciative that they were willing to invest the time to make me a Custom cover, and would like others to benefit from the investment in their and my time)

    Charley








  • #2
    Humblebrag?

    Comment


    • #3
      I didn't know Burger King made covers.

      Now, let's see it with the cover off!
      2001 MR2-Eleven
      Experience Points: 21
      Youtube Channel.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hakeem View Post
        Humblebrag?
        Not sure why you would think that? I was hoping to help others....
        Last edited by CharleyH; 07-12-2014, 06:20 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
          I didn't know Burger King made covers.

          Now, let's see it with the cover off!
          Here are a few....








          Comment


          • #6
            That looks like some fun $h!t . . .
            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

            2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

            Comment


            • #7
              Very nice Charley. Thanks for the pointer to Cover King. Good find.
              AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

              Mark Nichols
              Iron Canyon Motorsports
              http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Does the car have suspension?
                It looks almost the same in compression and droop
                Moti

                Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by markn View Post
                  Very nice Charley. Thanks for the pointer to Cover King. Good find.
                  Thank you, Ray is the guy to contact if you (or anyone else) wants one... It should be on their website soon.

                  Charley
                  Last edited by CharleyH; 07-12-2014, 10:17 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
                    Does the car have suspension?
                    It looks almost the same in compression and droop
                    Yes, it has triple adjustable coil overs..... But, the suspension is quite stiff and you can feel every irregularity on the track. Here is a picture coming through turn 2 at AutoClub Speedway and there isn't much compression.

                    Charley

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                      That looks like some fun $h!t . . .
                      Thanks, it is really a lot of fun! It only weighs 1,300 pounds, does 0 to 60 in less than 3 seconds, corners at 2.5 G's, brakes at 2G's, and has ~1,700 pounds of down force. This was a big step up from my previous car, I have a lot to learn about driving it.... But, it sure is fun learning
                      Last edited by CharleyH; 07-12-2014, 10:30 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Very nice. You have a data system? Which one?

                        Nothing like a motorcycle on four wheels with down force. So jealous.
                        AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

                        Mark Nichols
                        Iron Canyon Motorsports
                        http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by markn View Post
                          Very nice. You have a data system? Which one?

                          Nothing like a motorcycle on four wheels with down force. So jealous.
                          Yes, it has an Aim Pista dash.... But the data isn't all that impressive yet because I am still learning to drive it. So far I am about 5 seconds per lap faster than my LS3 powered Corvette. I know it has a lot more speed in it.... I am still getting my head re calibrated to having downforce. When I purchased the car I spent the day with the European Radical Champion, it was amazing what he was able to make the car do.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CharleyH View Post
                            Thanks, it is really a lot of fun! It only weighs 1,300 pounds, does 0 to 60 in less than 3 seconds, corners at 2.5 G's, brakes at 2G's, and has ~1,700 pounds of down force. This was a big step up from my previous car, I have a lot to learn about driving it.... But, it sure is fun learning
                            I have been to many track events in CA where there is a Radical race group that is based at Spring Mtn. But I have never driven one. I did own a Formula Mazda for a couple of years and did a few race weekends in it, but never really got up to speed to be competitive. The speeds of these dedicated race cars are just so much faster than modified street cars.
                            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

                            2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                              I have been to many track events in CA where there is a Radical race group that is based at Spring Mtn. But I have never driven one. I did own a Formula Mazda for a couple of years and did a few race weekends in it, but never really got up to speed to be competitive. The speeds of these dedicated race cars are just so much faster than modified street cars.
                              Yes, Spring Mountain invited me to come race with them... I purchased this car from them and spent a day at one of their private test days. It is a great bunch of guys, but, at this point I am not competitive. The Formula Mazda's look like a lot of fun! I briefly considered going that way but thought the Radical would be easier to run without a support crew (or person).

                              Charley

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X