SPEC CORVETTE Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update!

Lots going on in the SPEC CORVETTE WORLD and I wanted to give a quick update on sign ups, regions, and builds!

We are getting new members or inquiries weekly! The response to the series has been explosive in nature and we are grateful for that! Car counts are rising and more people are on the look out for their future builds. Moving forward, we will separate the signups into regions to add clarity to activity in your area. I can't tell you how many phone calls we have gotten from someone back east or Midwest saying "I m ready just waiting on others to jump in." in!". I will also post in the regional forums a SPEC CORVETTE thread so there is a central location the regional guys can congregate. Connecting is mission critical.
    Here is the latest list. I will also update the list on the first page post as they come.

Spec Corvette Drivers Committed, Car Type, Location

1 John Nguyen, FRC-(SoCal)
    2 Oli Thordarson, Base Coupe-(SoCal)
    3 John Simon, Z06-(SoCal)
    4 Chris Beliovsky, Base coupe-(SoCal)
    5 Christian Paluzzi, FRC-(SoCal)
    6 Donny Yorke/Dave Weckl, Base Coupe-(SoCal)
    7 Rob Burgoon, Base coupe-(NorCal)
    8 Carl Fung, Z06 -(SoCal)
    9 Chris Qualls, Z06-(SoCal)
    10 Alejandro (Alex) Flores, Base coupe-(SoCal)
    11 Darren Friedman, Base coupe-(SoCal)
    12 Clinton Pichon, Z06-(SoCal)
    13Dan Klaudt, FRC
    14 Alvin N., Z06
    15 Todd Mudd, Z06 -(SoCal)
    16 Scot Young, Z06 (Great Lakes)
    17 Donny Yorke/Darren Freidman/Jake Rozelle
    18 Sanford Peterson (NorCal)
    19 Vincent Bellotti (NorCal)
    20 Sean Duckworth (EAST/MIDWEST)
    21 Greg Nester (NorCal/SoCal)
    22 Daniel Milewski (Great Lakes Region)
    23 Sean Whitwood Z06 (SoCal)
    24 Corbin Swafford Base Coupe (SoCal)
    25 You're next!

There have been numerous calls and inquiries in the other east/midwest/southeast regions where others are just waiting for signups before they make the commitment. We will be posting in the regional forums to help congregate individuals so discussions between these interested parties can take place.

Expressed strong 2018 interest/Looking for build partners

Emilio Cervantes (SoCal)
    C7 Z06 Chuck
    Mark Petronis (East)
    Dean Gale
    Steve Meyer
    JJ Richa
    Keith Knerr
    Ryan Delgrosso (SoCal)
    Joe Aquilante (East)
    Steve Russakov
    Ellie "Bimmer Challenge" (SoCal)
    Alex Tan - Indo Tech Motorsports (SoCal)
    Tony Grau ( Mid West)

Parts
    In addition to the incredible sponsorship deals that we have obtained thru AFE Control (suspension), Falken Tires, Wilwood Brakes, Pierce Motorsports (Cage), Trackspec Motorsports, and Powerstop Brakes, we were also able to get some reduced pricing for Dewitts Radiators and Forgestar Wheels to further help the SPEC CORVETTE build costs. Once you are a registered SPEC CORVETTE Builder, you will recieve a welcome email with all the how to's on obtaining the discounted pricing.

Builds
    Lots of progress on the core cars with several cars hitting the track doing testing/maiden voyages in SoCal. See Photos/video on upcoming posts.

Clint Pichon's Maiden Voyage at Buttonwillow 1CCW Config

Finishing up Oli's coupe for its first track run.

Doing some tire temps and pressures on Christians first outing at Autoclub with the Falken 615k+

John's car is back on the ground and ready to go!

Monoballs, coilovers, sway bars and camber kit installed

Spec Corvette Mugs now available on the website!

Scot Young's Christmas came early this year. His car is done and on the track for shake down runs.

Special SPEC CORVETTE pricing on the Falken 615k+ order pick up!

Overall, we are extremely pleased with the progress of this new racing series! We have lots of builds hitting the tracks while many are getting parts installed as we speak. Be sure to follow our facebook page for day to day discussions, build progress pics, excellent tech advice from senior members and "Deals of the week" for sale alerts! There has also been discussion of a major television network picking up the series....I'll just leave it at that.

Click here for facebook page (750+ Members and growing!) to join the discussion! https://www.facebook.com/ThorVette22/

We are shooting for the first official race to coincide with SPEED VENTURES and SuperMiata races for 2018. We are awaiting their 2018 schedule to be released for the official dates.

Thank you and hope to see you on grid!

[email protected]

Email: [email protected]
    SPEC Corvette

CorvetteForum Thread: Click Here
    Last edited by trackspec_john; 11-06-2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

This series is going to upset the Corvette interior parts commodity market. I better put a sell order in!

Comment

Originally posted by craZee View Post
        This series is going to upset the Corvette interior parts commodity market. I better put a sell order in!
        Lol! You are not kidding. Factory Z06 wheel prices are going up while interior parts are getting dumped! Sell sell sell!

Comment

Originally posted by trackspec_john View Post
          . . . while interior parts are getting dumped! Sell sell sell!
          Has that always been the position on Corvette interiors? Sell sell sell!
          99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
          '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Is there any Spec Corvettes going to be at Cal Speedway this weekend? I have not heard about or seen any video of any races. Has there been any races? Is there a site or mailing list where drivers are communicating?
            Allan Hauser
            2011 So Cal SE30 Champion
            2012 So Cal SE30 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by 78kona View Post
              Is there any Spec Corvettes going to be at Cal Speedway this weekend? I have not heard about or seen any video of any races. Has there been any races? Is there a site or mailing list where drivers are communicating?
              Communication is done mostly on FB, search “spec vette”. First race will be early 2018
              Reason I am answering is because I saw both Oli and John are at SEMA
              S1 Supermiata - 220whp
              13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
              17 GT350R
              03 Miata Club Sport
              96 NSX
              06 EVO MR
              15 Mini Cooper S
              Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Thanks William. I am gone from SEMA. but now at the Trans Am race at CoTA in Austin, TX.

I know at least one driver will be at Willow Springs the following weekend to do the AROSC race school. I need to check who, if any, are out at ACS this weekend.
                To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Oil I sent you an email.
                  Allan Hauser
                  2011 So Cal SE30 Champion
                  2012 So Cal SE30 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by 78kona View Post
                    Oil I sent you an email.
                    Were you able to catch Clint Ton in a blue Spec Vette at speedventures on Saturday? He was there shaking it out.

Feel free to join the FB page as there is a lot of daily activity on it. We are finalizing the race schedule for next year as we speak. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

John
                    973-390-2586

Comment

Welcome A New Spec Corvette Racer!!

Lets welcome Sean Whitwood as a new registered SPEC Corvette racer! Sean has purchased an 02 Z06 to build into a SPEC racer! Sean brings track day experience as well as running in the 24 hours of Lemons race! Sean resides in the SoCal area!

Welcome Sean!

Comment

Welcome A New Spec Corvette Racer!!

Lets welcome Corbin Swafford as a registered SPEC Corvette racer! Corbin has been competing in the Wilwood Corvette Challenge with several podium finishes! He is ready to move on to take his driving skills to the next level with wheel to wheel SPEC Corvette racing! Corbin resides in SoCal with his base coupe that is ready to get a full cage and safety treatment and enjoys flying planes on his personal time.

Thank you Corbin and see you on Grid!

John

Comment

Welcome A New Spec Corvette Racer!

Lets Welcome Daniel Milewski as a registered SPEC Corvette racer!!! Dan brings incredible driving skills and experience in his 2002 Z06. Here is an column of Dan's Hillclimb success!

"Daniel Milewski was crowned king of the hill during this year’s race, and his chariot was a Chevrolet Corvette. The mostly stock 2002 Z06 is prepped for SCCA T1 wheel-to-wheel racing. Special features include a GM T1 suspension package as well as a DeWitts radiator. According to Milewski, with the safety items and restrictor, it weighs 3,225-lbs. and should be making about 400-hp. Power, paired with skill, shot him into the 20-second club with an official time of 20.912. He is the first driver at the Empire Hill Climb to break the 20-second barrier!"

With Dan setting records in the hillclimbing sector, it is no mystery that he will be a fighting for a podium spot in SPEC CORVETTE! Question is, will you be there with him?

Welcome Dan!!!!

John

Comment

Based on the discussion over on CF, it seems there was some debate over if the Pierce Motorsports cage people are getting done would pass SCCA tech (due to lack of an additional front dash bar). Was there a conclusion to that discussion that happened offline?
                            2003 Z06
                            Mosport | Willow Springs | Other tracks

Comment

Based on the discussion over on CF, it seems there was some debate over if the Pierce Motorsports cage people are getting done would pass SCCA tech (due to lack of an additional front dash bar). Was there a conclusion to that discussion that happened offline?
                              I would additionally like to know (forgive the vette-ignorance) if the attach points to the vette are at locations where there is an existing steel structure on the vette or is that aluminum and, if so, what technique is used to join the steel cage structure to the aluminum?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolTech View Post
                                I would additionally like to know (forgive the vette-ignorance) if the attach points to the vette are at locations where there is an existing steel structure on the vette or is that aluminum and, if so, what technique is used to join the steel cage structure to the aluminum?
                                All C5 Z06's have steel frames.
                                ~ Jim Tway
                                Tway Motorsports
                                (714) 528-2150
                                #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
                                Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
                                PA Construction
                                American Heritage Performance

Comment

Working...
                                X