Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

What to do?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What to do?

    Soooo…..at a crossroad with what to do with the racecar; 2005 G35 coupe. I ran two seasons before the SCCA Touring rule change debacle and have had no real desire to run it in the current T3 class; in the hands of a more competent driver but I’m not convinced the car would be completive in T3. I’m not really planning on W2W this year but will do some HPDE’s to get some seat time and try to develop the car a little. When I return to W2W I’m not sure where/what to class it in…..so in 2015 do I:

    1. Stop complaining and run in T3
    2. Build up the VQ35DE (That’s a Nissan V6 Sheriff), add aero, and try to classify the car in T1 and still be slow
    3. See if the CRB will ok a Nissan V8 swap and run T1 so I can rock gold earrings (car’s not manly enough and I don’t have the chest hair to support gold chains)
    4. Buy an S2K and not tell anyone what I paid
    5. Leave the car alone and just do HPDE’s

    To go to answer on HQ is “sell it and buy a Miata”. A Miata might eventually be in the cards, however selling the G35 is not an option….there’s a contract with Nissan that states “race it or crush it….not saleable”.


    Advise welcome

    Click image for larger version

Name:	100APPLE_IMG_0215.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	235956
    Last edited by suki101; 02-07-2014, 06:49 PM.

  • #2
    Race it!
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

    Comment


    • #3
      RACE IT!

      You should post a picture of your car for everyone to see.
      To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

      Comment


      • #4
        Track it, don't race it. Splatter it into concrete at Laguna or Sears, then buy a miata.

        Comment


        • #5
          T1 would be awesome for you. Sub 1:50 lap times ACS, sub 1:28 at WSIR. It will be awsome.

          Your car in that config will also jump easily over to NASA ST2.

          You will always have some cool guys to race with too. And I show up too sometimes....
          To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

          Comment


          • #6
            Get a corvette and win.
            ~ Jim Tway
            Tway Motorsports
            (714) 528-2150
            #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

            Brought to you by:
            Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
            PA Construction
            American Heritage Performance

            Comment


            • #7
              4.
              Do you understand?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Olitho View Post
                RACE IT!

                You should post a picture of your car for everyone to see.
                Oli,

                Check out the nondescript link at the bottom of his post.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by suki101 View Post
                  Soooo…..at a crossroad with what to do with the racecar; 2005 G35 coupe. I ran two seasons before the SCCA Touring rule change debacle and have had no real desire to run it in the current T3 class; in the hands of a more competent driver but I’m not convinced the car would be completive in T3. I’m not really planning on W2W this year but will do some HPDE’s to get some seat time and try to develop the car a little. When I return to W2W I’m not sure where/what to class it in…..so in 2015 do I:

                  1. Stop complaining and run in T3
                  2. Build up the VQ35DE (That’s a Nissan V6 Sheriff), add aero, and try to classify the car in T1 and still be slow
                  3. See if the CRB will ok a Nissan V8 swap and run T1 so I can rock gold earrings (car’s not manly enough and I don’t have the chest hair to support gold chains)
                  4. Buy an S2K and not tell anyone what I paid
                  5. Leave the car alone and just do HPDE’s

                  To go to answer on HQ is “sell it and buy a Miata”. A Miata might eventually be in the cards, however selling the G35 is not an option….there’s a contract with Nissan that states “race it or crush it….not saleable”.


                  Advise welcome

                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]6745[/ATTACH]
                  Just curious: What wheel and tire sizes are you running on this car?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
                    Just curious: What wheel and tire sizes are you running on this car?
                    Wheels are 18x9.5 (not class legal in the front track day wheels) got a deal for a new set i couldn't pass up. Tires are 275/35 NT01's.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If you don't have the dominant car in a class you are always on the back foot. If you spend more than you should on that dominant chassis you have a chance at being competitive in that class. Anything less than this, especially with just average talent , I say race what you got and go have fun with it.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X