AJ, This is for your Dad:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ, This is for your Dad:

Hopefully, this will help make his decision easier.

Transmission – BBC Top Gear Another exclusive out-take from Powered Up: Jeremy and the Nissan GT-R «

And if you don't already know about it, here is your source for all things GT-R: NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club
    2009 Nissan GT-R -- nicely modded

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
    Hopefully, this will help make his decision easier.

Transmission – BBC Top Gear Another exclusive out-take from Powered Up: Jeremy and the Nissan GT-R «

And if you don't already know about it, here is your source for all things GT-R: NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club
    The 2012 GT-R is out now, with 530 bhp, right Brent? What are people saying about it compared to the older model?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
      The 2012 GT-R is out now, with 530 bhp, right Brent? What are people saying about it compared to the older model?
      Those who have them really like them, but I've not heard of anyone who has tracked one yet.

Comment

I'll just leave this right here and ask AJ which car he had more fun in...................................... .

Chuckwalla Bowl Drift in a C63 AMG
        HP Autowerks 335i - 1st Place @ RTA Las Vegas 2010
        HP Autowerks 335i @ Buttonwillow - 1:59.1
        HP Autowerks 335i @ Laguna Seca
        Buttonwillow dorifto
        Lexus IS-F @ Chuckwalla
        100cc TonyKart @ Adams
        125cc TonyKart Shifter @ Apex

Comment

Yet another reason I want the GT-R for my daily driver.

Comment

I wish the GT-R was more of a true four or five adult car with four doors. That would probably tip me over to getting one and I have never bought a non-American car before so that is saying something.
            To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

I've driven the 2012 and it is a rocket, didn't get it on track though. Brent, I think he is going for a C63 or CTS-V. I'll forward the video to him though.
              AJ - Akua Solutions - #128 Lotus Exige - MonkeyWrench Racing - Carbonetic - Innovative Mounts - Toyo Tires - JRZ Suspension - TW Research Development

Comment

No prob. Like Oli said above, its not for everyone. Especially if you need functional rear seats. I have driven with four full-sized adults in the car, but its a bit of a squeeze, and only for short distances. When we need a 4 seater/4 door, we use my wife's 335i.

If you he doesn't need the rear seats, it does have a decent sized trunk, and even though a bit spendy, you're not going to find that kind of performance in anything in its price range. It even beats out some cars that cost 4x the price of entry. Hehe.

In the video, I love how it outcorners the GT2RS and beats the new McLaren off the line, although I'm sure the 1/4 mile results would have been different. I personally will never be able to afford any of those supercars, but I can afford a GT-R. So for me personally, I'm a happy owner.

Another thing I will say to Oli, and this is partially unfortunate on Nissan's part. The GT-R was built solely around Nurbrurgring times with the Porsche Turbo in it's sights. That said, I think its highly doubtful you'll ever see a 4 door or a convertible, unless Nissan wants to challenge the Panamera, which I believe holds the 4 door 'ring record. The current format has squarely beaten the Turbo and Turbo S 'ring times, even with the PDK.
                Last edited by DocNrock; 11-06-2011, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X