Now I want a GT-R..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    His line looks ok for a damp track. basically you want to avoid the dry line by ~ half a car width in those conditions, though i'm not sure if it is necessary in a GTR. haha
    really? i never got that memo i drive the same line dry or wet unless theirs standing water to avoid, oops

Comment

I was actually way more impressed with the Mustang in the Thunderhill videos. Thing is a beast.

Comment

Leh having some fun

YouTube - Leah Keene at the finish of the 2011 One Lap of America

Comment

why does it not look smooth? Watch his hands. minimal over corrections.
          Turn your iphone into an action camera:
          www.igloocase.com
          www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
            why does it not look smooth? Watch his hands. minimal over corrections.
            Ok I was on the Astraist crack pipe when I made that post, I see it is smooth, and GT-Rs don't drive them selfs.
            If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
              Ok I was on the Astraist crack pipe when I made that post, I see it is smooth, and GT-Rs don't drive them selfs.
              I can probably guarantee you he was driving with VDC off.
              2009 Nissan GT-R -- nicely modded

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
                lol. the astraist crack pipe. i like it.
                Turn your iphone into an action camera:
                www.igloocase.com
                www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Comment

Watching the videos didn't change my mind at all, I still have no interest. Don't want one for the street and if (big IF) I had the money, I'd buy some kind of RWD built race car either tube chassis or at least fully caged. I'm not saying a GT-R isn't fun to drive, I'm sure they are but I personally would go a different direction.

To the WSIR videos, why did they bother posting such boring video especially with the whole rolling out of the garage drama? Either show the car sliding all over the place in the wet or go back when it's dry. If you're going to have some dramatic build up, it should pay off with a record lap or awesome wet driving . . .
                  99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                  '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
                    Watching the videos didn't change my mind at all, I still have no interest. Don't want one for the street and if (big IF) I had the money, I'd buy some kind of RWD built race car either tube chassis or at least fully caged. I'm not saying a GT-R isn't fun to drive, I'm sure they are but I personally would go a different direction.

To the WSIR videos, why did they bother posting such boring video especially with the whole rolling out of the garage drama? Either show the car sliding all over the place in the wet or go back when it's dry. If you're going to have some dramatic build up, it should pay off with a record lap or awesome wet driving . . .
                    Its a great car, but as you mention, its clearly not for everyone. I personally love mine, but that's just me.

And I fully agree with you regarding the WSIR video. If you've got an 800+ awhp GT-R, then showcase what it can do. A 1:43 in a GT-R at WSIR is practically a parade lap, wet or dry.
                    2009 Nissan GT-R -- nicely modded

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
                      Its a great car, but as you mention, its clearly not for everyone. I personally love mine, but that's just me.

And I fully agree with you regarding the WSIR video. If you've got an 800+ awhp GT-R, then showcase what it can do. A 1:43 in a GT-R at WSIR is practically a parade lap, wet or dry.
                      I think I could hustle my Volt around WSIR at a similar pace.

Comment

gt-rurah looks fun to drive... id dooz it...

btw... here is a good vid of leh havin fun at a club race...
                        driving cars n stuff....

Comment

I want a GT-R... I just don't want to pay for it.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X