Now I want a GT-R..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I want a GT-R..

Honestly I never had a real desire to ever own one. For some reason this video changed that. Watch in HD.

I love mine. The one Leh Keen is driving in OLOA is pretty well setup.
    2009 Nissan GT-R -- nicely modded

Comment

THAT is 720p? Is it just my video card or does it look like frickin sewer shark?

Comment

He looks like he just barely has his car under control, not smooth at all.

This is what I consider smooth.
        Last edited by Johnny_Se7en; 05-07-2011, 12:12 PM.
        If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Comment

That was some ballsy driving from Leh Keen. Im a fan of his. I have seen many vids of his driving and he is just passing people left and right in a race in the Porsche Cup Car and some other cars. His shifting is as fast as it can get (Porsche). That Big Willow video is hard to tell if hes smooth if its not in car footage. 1:43 lap with 800+ hp in a GTR is not that great then again, its a damp track. Looks like he can at least lay down a 1:35. He let off throttle and coasted alot.
          Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
          1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
          2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
          2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
          1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
          1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
          1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
          1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
          1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
          1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
          2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Comment

He has his thumbs wrapped pretty tight around that steering wheel.....
            To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Pure EvoIX View Post
              That was some ballsy driving from Leh Keen. Im a fan of his. I have seen many vids of his driving and he is just passing people left and right in a race in the Porsche Cup Car and some other cars. His shifting is as fast as it can get (Porsche). That Big Willow video is hard to tell if hes smooth if its not in car footage. 1:43 lap with 800+ hp in a GTR is not that great then again, its a damp track. Looks like he can at least lay down a 1:35. He let off throttle and coasted alot.
              He'd better be able to put down a 1:35 on a dry track with 800+ hp. I did a 1:34 with 490 awhp my first time there, with plenty of time left on the table.

Leh Keen is driving the car on the ragged edge.

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
                He'd better be able to put down a 1:35 on a dry track with 800+ hp. I did a 1:34 with 490 awhp my first time there, with plenty of time left on the table.

Leh Keen is driving the car on the ragged edge.

It better be at least a 1:25 if not better on WSIR....
                To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
                  It better be at least a 1:25 if not better on WSIR....
                  Definitely agreed.

Comment

To the OP, I don't know if you've seen this, but if not and you want more information on Leh Keen's GT-R build for the OLOA, there is a 21 page thread on the main GT-R forum, NAGTROC.org. This thread outlines the build, and also follows the car through the OLOA. TopSpeed Motorsports - OneLap GT **2011 OneLap CHAMPIONS - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club

Comment

I suppose most people have seen it, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post

Leh was driving that car very well and he was quite smooth driving the car at the limit.

You can't compare in car to out of car video. Plus the GTR driver wasn't that quick at WSIR in the damp.

Comment

OK you can't compare the two different track and different weather conditions and he probably was sandbagging. I will leave you with this video and maybe a few of you may be incensed but that's not my intent

Cheers
                          If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post

is it me, or is there alot of blown apexs, poor track outs, and shallow turn in points in this vid?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFocus View Post
                              is it me, or is there alot of blown apexs, poor track outs, and shallow turn in points in this vid?
                              His line looks ok for a damp track. basically you want to avoid the dry line by ~ half a car width in those conditions, though i'm not sure if it is necessary in a GTR. haha

Comment

Working...
                              X