Collapse

2nd Chance Roadster Racing Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF does the sinkhole problem at the fastest corner at Buttonwillow (and my idea to pave over it with asphalt & rumble strips) have to do with Laguna Seca and their apex bread-boxes??

Richard, the two problems are so completely different it is obvious that you are the only one communicating anally. Perhaps in your old age, your reading comprehension skill is beginning to fade; would it help if I drew you a picture?

The current track surface, and the apex curb at the Kink, would stay the same. The current apex curb at the Kink would keep drivers from cutting that corner (just as it does now), and the new rumble strips would keep drivers from making a wider line exiting Riverside or entering Lost Hill.
    HP Autowerks 335i - 1st Place @ RTA Las Vegas 2010
    HP Autowerks 335i @ Buttonwillow - 1:59.1
    HP Autowerks 335i @ Laguna Seca
    Buttonwillow dorifto
    Lexus IS-F @ Chuckwalla
    100cc TonyKart @ Adams
    125cc TonyKart Shifter @ Apex

Comment

^^^ There is risk in racing and even running open track. Buttonwillow is one of the safest tracks I have ever been to because it has lots of dirt runnoff everywhere, and the only things you can hit are the pit wall on the front straight (when coming out of Sunset CW, or Sunrise CCW) and the low wall outside of the esses. SCCA is not going to pave a big section of dirt with rumble strips outside the track surface. You are dreaming if you think that will ever happen.

What would you propose to do about that high wall at Turn 10 of Infineon, which eats cars with incredble regularity?
      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Wow, total threadjack. Jeff and Richard, I'd use the dirt if I have to if I knew it was faster, so in regards to extra runoff, berms, rubble strips, cobblestone, etc., if it's built and safe to use to go faster, I'd use them all day long.

Anyway, back on track. Look at these:

Driving to the limit is my goal.
        Winning with Team 949 Racing is merely the result.
        2013 NASA TTD National Champion
        NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill Winner: 2011 E2 Class & 2012 E1 Class.
        Multiple wins in NASA PT and WERC series, with many more to come.

Cheer for us during races throughout the year and like us on Facebook and Twitter!

"Drive well and have fun." Drive W2W in the SuperMiata Race Series. Also, see me in action on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by VagaXt View Post
          Wow, total threadjack. Jeff and Richard, I'd use the dirt if I have to if I knew it was faster, so in regards to extra runoff, berms, rubble strips, cobblestone, etc., if it's built and safe to use to go faster, I'd use them all day long.
          I rest my case. BTW, those are the gayest wheels I have ever seen.
          The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
          1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
          2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
          2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
            BTW, those are the gayest wheels I have ever seen.
            Goes with the hairdresser demographic, for sure.

Cheer for us during races throughout the year and like us on Facebook and Twitter!

"Drive well and have fun." Drive W2W in the SuperMiata Race Series. Also, see me in action on YouTube.

Comment

Lol. Is there anyone on trackhq that hasn't been offended by Richard ?
              Then U don't deserve to be here.
              S1 Supermiata - 220whp
              13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
              17 GT350R
              03 Miata Club Sport
              96 NSX
              06 EVO MR
              15 Mini Cooper S
              Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by VagaXt View Post
                No, you wouldn't, because they would make you slower. There'd be no grip for threshold braking & turn-in. The most you would do is *just* brush the edge of the rumble strips on entry to Lost Hill.

Anyway sorry for the thread jack, just messing with Richard...
                HP Autowerks 335i - 1st Place @ RTA Las Vegas 2010
                HP Autowerks 335i @ Buttonwillow - 1:59.1
                HP Autowerks 335i @ Laguna Seca
                Buttonwillow dorifto
                Lexus IS-F @ Chuckwalla
                100cc TonyKart @ Adams
                125cc TonyKart Shifter @ Apex

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                  What would you propose to do about that high wall at Turn 10 of Infineon, which eats cars with incredble regularity?
                  Paint a NorCal rural scenery mural on it, so people don't notice it's there.

Actually, no. The T10 scariness factor robs lots of guys of 10mph. I've made several easy passes coming out of 10 because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
                    Lol. Is there anyone on trackhq that hasn't been offended by Richard ?
                    Then U don't deserve to be here.
                    It's his silence that really hurts.
                    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Detail about the car's latest test: 7/23/2011: Blindingly Fast Laps, Literally « The Drive to Race

Comment

It's been a while, but I finally summed up my first four races in NASA in one blog post.

7/30-31 and 8/14-15/2011: Four Rookie Races, One Amazing Experience « The Drive to Race

Comment

Richard's never offended me, so either I'm not too easily offended or I haven't been on TrackHQ enough.
                          www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
                          X