What to do with the goo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with the goo

The new car I'm bulidng has this goo on the doors that used to hold on the sound/dust shield. It's sticky and clingy like dog ****. Does anyone know how to get it off and remove the residue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0190.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	561.8 KB
ID:	260705
    www.TrackHQ.com

Aren't you gutting the doors and removing the inner panel anyway? Why clean it if it is going to be removed. If you need to clean we have had some success by scraping away the excess and then cleaning with mineral spirits. Nasty job. Wear your worst clothes.
    AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

Mark Nichols
    Iron Canyon Motorsports
    http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

Comment

The part that is pictured won't be cut out. I like to have that inner top rail so I can hang the glass panels in there when washing the car. Much of the rest of it will be cut off. I'll get with the scraper and mineral spirits.
      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

That goo is much better behaved in winter.

Freezing it off with dry ice and a chisel is an option but I found that to be a pain. That seems to work better on goo in a pan.

Gasoline or goo gone should help get it off.

Comment

Bring plenty of towels and WD40 / PB blaster.
          Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
            The part that is pictured won't be cut out. I like to have that inner top rail so I can hang the glass panels in there when washing the car. Much of the rest of it will be cut off. I'll get with the scraper and mineral spirits.
            You wash the car?

Comment

WD-40 is indeed excellent for this and most other clean ups. Buy the gallon container though.

Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
              Bring plenty of towels and WD40 / PB blaster.
              AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

Mark Nichols
              Iron Canyon Motorsports
              http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post

You wash the car?
                You don't?

Yes, usually before each event after all the service and maintenance is done, I wash it and use Mothers R3 to remove all the rubber marks.
                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
                X