New donor car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New donor car

1999 base model with 101k on the clock. Factory non-air car, which is something I'd never seen. Nice and clean. A good start for the new car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9930.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	608.1 KB
ID:	260421
    Attached Files
    www.TrackHQ.com

It's also worth nothing that I'm looking for a hardtop.
    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Congratulations! That looks like a very clean start!
      Yer pal,
      Force

Comment

Good job, Brett. We too have been going down the 99 conversion path. We managed to also find a nice donor with a clean carfax and 80K miles - but with AC! We had intended t get the car completed in time for the last couple of races of the season but too many things got in the way. It is finally done... and we are taking it over to Spring Mountain today for some (hot weather) testing tomorrow and Sunday. If everything works out (what could go wrong), this is the car we'll be taking to COTA. Its first race will be in the Championship qualifiers - LOL. GRRRR! on the Penske announcement.... I have some brand new, never raced (yet) Bilsteins I'll sell you!

As part of the car build, we also re-built the engine... and in fact, we did (2) 99 engines at the same time. We may be interested in selling one. After Spring Mountain we are going to try to get the car on a dyno before COTA. This engine and its "sister" engine should be producing the same HP. (That needs to be up to snuff as well or the 1.6 car gets the trailer ride to COTA.)

I started cutting and adding stickers to the car.... before fully reading the contingency "rules" and ended up having to change the red "MAZDA" to black for compliance.

Comment

Working...
        X