Ford GT350R thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gian View Post
    I was talking to the guy that designed the shocks. It's amazing where technology has taken us.
    From a 1st Gen. RX-7 that is 36-years-old technology (if you can even call it "technology"), Yah, I would say so . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
      From a 1st Gen. RX-7 that is 36-years-old technology (if you can even call it "technology"), Yah, I would say so . . .
      lol your killing me. I know you don't know much about me Richard. But I have been around the Mustang crowd for a while. Done R&D for the Fox body and S197 as well as instructed for STVOA and FoMoCo. Worked at Griggs racing (well known for their Mustang parts), Tiger Racing (Well known for making mustangs preform very well and winning a few races and championships) and Proparts (Koni rebuild center) just to name a few.
      All though I do have a s197, I race a 1st gen Rx7 because it fits the budget for racing.
      If I had all your money and cars, I would sell them and get a new GT350 R. Well I may keep the NSX. but any way.
      Last edited by Gian; 08-04-2015, 04:33 PM.
      That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Comment

Thinking about it. Hard.

This is a Carmax car in NC. Transfer fee to bring it here is... $949

Dammit.

Attached Files
        WWW.949RACING.COM
        SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
        But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
          Thinking about it. Hard.

I approve!
          To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

PS. I am not standing on the sidewalk when you pull out onto the street....

Comment

I note that they are throwing in a new pair of tires.

Must be the rears . . .

https://www.carmax.com/cars/ford/mustang/shelby-gt350

Comment

BTW: Are you sure you are o.k. with an orange car?

Comment

After talking with William a bit about it his research shows that dealers are selling them at MSRP despite them all listing markup on AutoTrader. Low mileage 15's & 16's selling for basically MSRP. The 2017 model has all of the extra track stuff as standard where it was optional on the 15 and 16 models.
                  So there's really no depreciation hit for buying the '17 model. Only downside is they dropped competition orange so I will have to wrap it. There is one about 50 miles from here with the exact combination of options that I want. Then as I am sitting here in the parking lot at Five Guys Burgers, a black GT350 rolls up and just sounds effing awesome.

Pedestrians beware. You have been warned
                  Last edited by emilio700; 07-14-2017, 09:53 AM.
                  WWW.949RACING.COM
                  SuperMiata

Comment

Where in NC? I'm 3.5 hours from Charlotte. I've driven coast to coast a number of times.
                    Yer pal,
                    Force

Comment

I read in the city council minutes from the City of Lake Forest that these are being put up along the sidewalks near 949 Racing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	284-1027big.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	232595

Comment

We will have Xida ACE, singles, doubles and triples for it by the end of 2017. 19" 6UL's probably mid 2018.
                        WWW.949RACING.COM
                        SuperMiata

Comment

Keeping your 'Vette?

Comment

. . . Only downside is they dropped competition orange so I will have to wrap it. . .
                            So, is orange now limited to Eco Boost models only?

2018 Ford Mustang Inspires Free Orange Fury Ice Cream Sandwich - Motor Trend
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Loose Caboose; 07-14-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
                              Keeping your 'Vette?
                              Nope.If I have the GT350, I wouldn't drive the Z at all anyway. Z is fun, I'll miss it. Got a good deal, has transferable warranty and good resale so not too painful.
                              GT350 will be a far more effective brand and product marketing tool for 949 Racing.
                              WWW.949RACING.COM
                              SuperMiata

Comment

Nope.If I have the GT350, I wouldn't drive the Z at all anyway. Z is fun, I'll miss it. Got a good deal, has transferable warranty and good resale so not too painful.
                                GT350 will be a far more effective brand and product marketing tool for 949 Racing.
                                It will broaden your market greatly. I got to drive one of them. Egads, what a machine. The engine alone makes the car. If you can provide wheels that are lighter than the carbon fiber wheels it comes with, and cheaper to replace, you'll really be onto something.
                                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
                                X