Clear All

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
    I don't mean to be pedantic, but there is such an animal:
    Oh, I think you meant it.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by bawareca View Post
      As brilliant as LS engines are, pointing the variable valve timing as a huge technology marvel in 2013 is comparable to the Mustang switching to IRS. Variable valve timing is 20 year old technology,direct injection 10.
      You're drawing a conclusion. In response to Billy's question about whats different I said it's got DI and continuously variable cam timing. I wish my LS7 had both and the extra cooling. No marvels there. The Infiniti G37 of a few years ago has no throttle, instead using continuously variable valve timing and lift to control torque output. BMW's and SAAB's were making ignition and fuel changes during the combustion cycle with data from piezo combustion pressure sensors 10 years ago.That is trick. The LS still has pushrods man.
      WWW.949RACING.COM
      SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
      But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
        I don't mean to be pedantic, but there is such an animal:
        I stand corrected-Germans got it right again

Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
        You're drawing a conclusion.
        You too
        I just only wanted to correct you that the variable valve timing is not separate for each bank(which is the term for left and right row cylinders in V8,or front 3 and rear 3 in case of a I6),which would be useless.The following rant about the technological marvels was more about Tage J.I am actually a big fan of the Corvettes,and have always been,but Tage is playing it a bit too much.The same way as the C7 looks too busy.Just saying.
        And BMW's first engine without a throttle body is N20 from 2002.As you mentioned it regulates the torque output via the variable valve lift,or so called Valvetronic.The new M5 twin turbo V8 engine has no TB either,and when driven hard or on the track this car has virtually no lag.

Comment

Originally posted by bawareca View Post
          And BMW's first engine without a throttle body is N20 from 2002.As you mentioned it regulates the torque output via the variable valve lift,or so called Valvetronic.The new M5 twin turbo V8 engine has no TB either,and when driven hard or on the track this car has virtually no lag.
          We all know that BMW's are the ultimate driving machine
          WWW.949RACING.COM
          SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
          But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

I didnt want to sway the thread in this direction,but now when you mentioned it I cant really disagree

Comment

The correct answer to any question is always Miata, LSx or BMW.

Mustang might be one of them now too.

Comment

Working...
              X