Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 C7 Z06 Track Prep

Hello fellow track rats.

I have over 15 years of HPDE experience in Porsches, but I’m new to tracking a C7 ZO6 and have a few questions.

1. I intend on installing the front brake cooling vents, but are the air blockers really necessary.
    2. If the air blockers are necessary, should I wrap the rubber boot on the control arm to protect it from the heat?
    3. I intend on using CCW Corsair C10 18” wheels with Hoosiers. If I need the air blockers, do I need to trim them so they don’t rub the inside of the wheel?
    4. What brand of wheel studs do you recommend and how much Ft/Lbs do you torque them to?
    5. Anything else I need to know?

Thanks.

I found this. Are you talking about the deflectors that mount to the control arms?

www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I use ARP studs. I torque to 90 since I take them on and off so often, multiple times per day often.

I don't use any air deflectors. I used to wrap the endlink. With the larger brakes on the new cars I don't do that any more. It seems of dubious need.

With my AP brakes, I don't even use the cooling ducts. They are also of dubious benefit, but add to maintenance time.

You might want to call me. Let me know if you want to do that.
      To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Working...
      X