Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

New Acura NSX Supercar to be Built in Ohio and Developed in the U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big question is, who's actually going to be buying these high-end green cars anyway? Who HERE wants to buy a hybrid Porsche 911? Tesla? Fisker? NSX?

Comment

Originally posted by pucsicsal View Post
      The big question is, who's actually going to be buying these high-end green cars anyway? Who HERE wants to buy a hybrid Porsche 911? Tesla? Fisker? NSX?
      They won't all be high end. What about buying one price in the 30-40K range?

This new NSX is not in supercar territory. Toyota is already looking into building a similar hybrid car with the next MR2 with a camry/Evora V6. The MR2 however has always been priced within reach of normal car buyers. The MR2 concept is somewhat heavy and only has 300hp but if they build it should be priced less than the NSX. These hybrid cars are heavy.

MR2 lives on with Toyota GRMN Sports Hybrid Concept II

There is also rumors going around Japan of Toyota building a 400hp hybrid supra.
      Elise
      MR2 Spyder
      Mazda RX7 FD
      Porsche 911E

Comment

Not me, but some people have more money than brains. They will pay $100,000+ for a car, and then worry about what kind of mileage it gets.
        The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
        1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
        2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
        2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by pucsicsal View Post

THIS!! IS!!!! TRACKHQ!!! rahhhhhhhhh
          haha

Probably nobody on here would, why would we spend 5x as much to go slower. The 90s cars actually spent time in wind tunnels and have the same suspension technology minus 600lbs of electric crap that wont make you go any faster on a race track. Sadly the manufacturers aren't that interested in what we buy and they should be. We are such a small percent of their target audience.

I am glad this car is coming out though, it might get the price of the really nice car (old NSX) to drop in japan to where I can buy one someday and put the engine I really want to in it.
          Andrew M Brilliant
          Aerodynamicist / Race Engineer

Comment

Almost every Cayenne I see in Brentwood these days is a hybrid, FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman View Post
              I hope so but doubt it. It looks like an R8 and if rumor of a 3.5L ~310hp V6 (350Z performance) is true, even with an additional 100hp from electric motors, it will be a letdown. 400hp is nothing for a "supercar" and less than 100hp/liter means Honda just isnt trying. The AWD and a rumored wide front relative to rear tire width also concern me. It dosnt seem to have the same driving forces behind its creation like the original. What a shame.
              I'm sure that V6 will be all super duper low emissions yada yada. I think they are trying, just not on the things we wish they were. I will have a chat with one of the engineers from that department this week and find out more.
              Andrew M Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by hakeem View Post
                Almost every Cayenne I see in Brentwood these days is a hybrid, FWIW.
                I never thought Porsche should even make an SUV. It dilutes the brand. Now they are making hybrid SUVs? Whores!!!
                The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Thats one way to look at it, another is that it made them flush with cash that helped their R&D/racing budgets across the board.
                  Andrew M Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by gixxer_drew View Post
                    I am glad this car is coming out though, it might get the price of the really nice car (old NSX) to drop in japan to where I can buy one someday and put the engine I really want to in it.

And what engine is that?
                    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Toyota or Judd V10. Yes I would spend 2x more on the engine than the car.

Toyota TS010 testing at Eastern Creek 1992 - YouTube

V8s are more accessible and cheaper but I dont care if I am gonna build something it WILL have that sound.
                      Last edited by gixxer_drew; 01-11-2012, 08:23 PM.
                      Andrew M Brilliant

Comment

Imagine this with the Honda 3.4 V8....
                        pucsicsal - The fastest unit of speed measurement is not the speed of light, it is the speed of flatout. Hence the BRZs limit.

Comment

Yah I guess that would be the "pure" way to go but you have to use an engine you can actually get and maintain if needed. Honda does give me a sponsorship discount for keeping their badges intact.
                          Last edited by gixxer_drew; 01-11-2012, 09:34 PM.
                          Andrew M Brilliant

Comment

Toyota or Judd V10. Yes I would spend 2x more on the engine than the car.

Toyota TS010 testing at Eastern Creek 1992 - YouTube

V8s are more accessible and cheaper but I dont care if I am gonna build something it WILL have that sound.

Cool video, and, man, what a sound. What a car! I'm surprised it's had less than 3,000 views.
                            www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I'm sure that V6 will be all super duper low emissions yada yada. I think they are trying, just not on the things we wish they were. I will have a chat with one of the engineers from that department this week and find out more.
                              Then it should be turbocharged. Have you read the specs on the new BMW M5? Turbo V8 560hp 500torque 4200lbs and 28 mpg. Green and hauls ass.

Comment

Hauls 4 arses
                                If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X