R&R trailer feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R&R trailer feedback

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a open car trailer and have been looking at 18 feet aluminum trailers. Been trying to find a used featherlite for a good deal, but those seem to be far and few between.

Recently found a 2014 R&R trailer and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on how they are compared to other aluminum car haulers. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks in advance!

I've never heard of them. Look for good components like axles and bearings and suspension.
    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
      I've never heard of them. Look for good components like axles and bearings and suspension.
      Planning on giving r&r a call to see if I can get some information on the particular trailer.

Here's a link to their 18 footer.

Aluminum Car Hauler – CHA Series – Open – RNR Trailers

Comment

I like the design of using the ramps as a "stone guard". Nice idea

Comment

The enclosed trailers look nice too. Where are you located Yinger? It looks like these trailers are made in Michigan and the sell direct.

Have you looked at Trailex aluminum trailers? They seem to be pretty popular too.

CT-7541
          Last edited by Red_5; 06-28-2017, 10:29 AM.
          99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
          '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

I know the area a little.

Road trip: pick up trailer, get cereal in Battle Creek, brewery tour (Bells in Kalamazoo, Founders in Grand Rapids), drive Gingerman or Grattan, see the beaches on Lake Michigan coast (lovely and sandy), visit the Gilmore Car Museum, head down to Tire Rack in South Bend to load up on tires & test the trailer, Touchdown Jesus! Get the hell out of Dodge, drive home.
            Yer pal,
            Force

Comment

Originally posted by craZee View Post
              I like the design of using the ramps as a "stone guard". Nice idea
              I like that feature of it as well.

Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
              The enclosed trailers look nice too. Where are you located Yinger? It looks like these trailers are made in Michigan and the sell direct.

Have you looked at Trailex aluminum trailers? They seem to be pretty popular too.

CT-7541
              I found a used on somewhat nearby. it's a 2014 and he's asking for more than retail. But if i order direct, i'd need to pay for shipping and tax which would come out more than the used one. Still prefer to purchase a featherlite i think though.

I have looked into trailex as well, but not sure how i feel about the open bottom.

Originally posted by Force McCocken View Post
              I know the area a little.

Road trip: pick up trailer, get cereal in Battle Creek, brewery tour (Bells in Kalamazoo, Founders in Grand Rapids), drive Gingerman or Grattan, see the beaches on Lake Michigan coast (lovely and sandy), visit the Gilmore Car Museum, head down to Tire Rack in South Bend to load up on tires & test the trailer, Touchdown Jesus! Get the hell out of Dodge, drive home.
              haha, that'd be a long trip from california... not sure how a pregnant wife would like that idea...

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Trailex can be had with a full deck.
                99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Yinger View Post
                  haha, that'd be a long trip from california... not sure how a pregnant wife would like that idea...
                  I have three kids.. i can tell you she won't like it at all...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
                    I'm pretty sure the Trailex can be had with a full deck.
                    just noticed that. Pricing ends up about the same with the rest of aluminum car trailers after all the options.

Originally posted by KJSCV View Post
                    I have three kids.. i can tell you she won't like it at all...lol
                    She wasn't even thrilled with driving to Vegas for the R&R and she actually loves going to vegas.

Comment

Working...
                    X