Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Thanks to Eric (he insisted this was his idea )
    just got my 2nd fuel tank put in. used it this last weekend.
    that's 30 gallons of E85 !!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
    I'm no expert on the matter but I'm sure it depends on how long you store the fuel. Regular pump gas is pretty stable these days. I use some Stabil(sp?) in the car when I know it's going to sit for a couple of months. I'm sure it would help in a jug too.
    I just try to shake as much as I can out of the jug.

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    Originally posted by ASSALBERT View Post
    do you guys clean your fuel jugs after each use? i read that when gasoline gets exposed to air, over time it oxidizes and turns into a type of varnish which can clog your fuel filter. ive had some occasions where i would have like half a gallon of fuel left over in a 5gal jug, i wonder if it was safe to use?

btw, i also reading somewhere that if you're using leaded fuel, get a solid colored jug because sunlight increase the rate of oxidation in the clear ones.
    I'm no expert on the matter but I'm sure it depends on how long you store the fuel. Regular pump gas is pretty stable these days. I use some Stabil(sp?) in the car when I know it's going to sit for a couple of months. I'm sure it would help in a jug too.

Leave a comment:

• ASSALBERT
    replied
    do you guys clean your fuel jugs after each use? i read that when gasoline gets exposed to air, over time it oxidizes and turns into a type of varnish which can clog your fuel filter. ive had some occasions where i would have like half a gallon of fuel left over in a 5gal jug, i wonder if it was safe to use?

btw, i also reading somewhere that if you're using leaded fuel, get a solid colored jug because sunlight increase the rate of oxidation in the clear ones.

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
    The cheap way would be to use a jug to measure 5 gal at a time.

That is a super cool setup. If I ever go to E85, I'm copying the version of this you're on at the time.

I ended up with Safe Racer jugs and I'm going to hole saw my fuel filler neck.

e
    Just did it. It can be done with a dremel, but its a little tedious.

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    The cheap way would be to use a jug to measure 5 gal at a time.

That is a super cool setup. If I ever go to E85, I'm copying the version of this you're on at the time.

I ended up with Safe Racer jugs and I'm going to hole saw my fuel filler neck.

e

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
    What do you do with the hose when it's not in use?
    I should of taken a better picture. it inserts through a big metal nut and there is a hook on the top, so it stays in place. there is also a lever valve on the bottom of the tank, plus a lever at the handle.

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    What do you do with the hose when it's not in use?

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    How about dumping a certain amount of fuel? Does it have any way for you to measure how much you're putting in? Maybe time it's flow rate or something?
    may be someone can suggest some kind of flow meter. it must be pretty simple plumbing. the existing plumb looks simple, something from Home Depot.

something like this ? but this is a bit expensive for my taste.
    http://www.drillspot.com/products/75...uid_Flow_Meter
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 01-08-2010, 11:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Woah, that's awesome. Can you fill the tank easily at the gas station?

How about dumping a certain amount of fuel? Does it have any way for you to measure how much you're putting in? Maybe time it's flow rate or something?
    easy to fill the tank, I am short, and don't even need to climb onto the trailer.

unfortunately there is no way to measure the flow rate. I did ~8 gallons today, I say it took about twice as long as gas station pump.

you can't see it from the angle, but I can (ordered already) put a second tank right next to it. and still have room for 4 tires.

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Woah, that's awesome. Can you fill the tank easily at the gas station?

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    here is my setup after reading this thread. I bought one 15 gallon tank from Amazon. will be buying a 2nd one, to put right next to the first tank

this is the tank. price changes hourly (by ~$25), price I paid was $125 including shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A29T7KYC0G99M6
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 01-08-2010, 10:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    That is pretty cool. I like this jug that was combined with the tank on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Spill-1450-5GA...xgy_auto_img_b

e
    Last edited by Red_5; 12-19-2009, 11:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...&um=1&ie=UTF-8
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A29T7KYC0G99M6

pretty cool
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 12-19-2009, 09:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Depends, is the mount for it going to be as carefully engineered as the one for your winch?
    hey !!

easiest way is just to weld the drum onto the trailer. that aint going anywhere. but I remember watching some Discovery stuff. most gas station fire are started when one fuel with the jug on the car, causing static, and kaboom !! you need to ground the jug.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYO4jvnJHw&NR=1
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 12-19-2009, 09:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X