Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

Anyone have experience with this brake bleeding system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience with this brake bleeding system?

My bleeder kit is getting pretty worn out, and I was thinking of going with something a bit more high tech. Does anyone have any experience with this reverse-bleeding system from Phoenix?

V-12 DIY [2004] - $79.99 : Phoenix Systems
    www.TrackHQ.com

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
    My bleeder kit is getting pretty worn out, and I was thinking of going with something a bit more high tech. Does anyone have any experience with this reverse-bleeding system from Phoenix?

I personally pump the brake pedal from the driver's seat with my head hanging under the car to watch the bleed hose, then jump out, run around the car and close the bleeder.

Works great for me!

YMMV

Comment

I have been using speed bleeders for a long time with good success, although many have reported problems with speed bleeders.

I have never once had a problem with them other than Cranky-Old-Man loosening them up when I walk away from my car....
      To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Uh, my methods do vary.
        www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I'm afraid I don't even know what a speed bleeder is.
          www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I'm afraid I don't even know what a speed bleeder is.
            This is where I get mine....
            SpeedBleeders, One Pair Any Application

Comment

You only want this because it comes with a Stacy David DVD.
              As you know, I have the Motive power bleeder that I'm happy with. I need to get the clutch reservior adaptor but since it doesn't get bled as often, I'm not in a big hurry.

e
              99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
              '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Another happy Motive user here. Just make sure you keep the tank full so that air don't get in the master cylinder.

the caliper is usually the dirty end. if that reverse bleed you posted above is a pump instead of vacuum, then it might not be ideal cuz you will end up pushing all the dirty stuff up your hydraulic system.

Comment

Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
                  Another happy Motive user here. Just make sure you keep the tank full so that air don't get in the master cylinder.
                  I'm not sure if you're talking about the Motive bleeder tank or the master cylinder reservoir but I no longer put fluid in the Motive bleeder tank. I just fill up the reservoir to make sure it doesn't get too low and use the Motive pump to create the pressure which I only use about 8 psi. Clean up is much faster and I haven't had any brake problems.

e
                  99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                  '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

^ yup, i meant the master reservoir. I used to fill the tank on the motive the first few times i used it. but I dont like to clean it after everytime it was used. Filling the master reservoir gets the job done just as well.

Comment

Have used both speed bleeders and Motive...found both to be great options for 1 person brake bleeding

Comment

I have to admit, I do like the simplicity (and the cost) of the speed bleeders. I could fashion a mason jar into a fluid receptacle, which would be much less messy than the little magnetic plastic bottle in my current kit.

Olitho, what types of problems have you heard of regarding the use of speed bleeders?
                        www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I have to admit, I do like the simplicity (and the cost) of the speed bleeders. I could fashion a mason jar into a fluid receptacle, which would be much less messy than the little magnetic plastic bottle in my current kit.

Olitho, what types of problems have you heard of regarding the use of speed bleeders?
                          Google is your friend, but I believe they can end up leaking.

Comment

i vote for motive... everytime ive mooched one in the paddock, ive been pleased.

at home i have an air nipple siliconed into a brake fluid cap..

Comment

Yes, as Rob said, some people have said they have had problems with them leaking. During 4 years of use I have never had that problem, but I do replace them from time to time... approximately once a year.

I also used to keep old bleeder vavles as spares, I still do, but I usually have a couple of extra speed bleeders on hand. I have never had to replace one due to failure.

Comment

Working...
                              X