Very old bird gets updated aero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I'd be surprised if the last 1/3 of the diffuser wasn't stalled.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman View Post
        I agree. The cardboard pieces were made with the expectation of cutting them down when I put the car on the ground at ride height. So I'll actually only be using a section of those. With their current configuration and 3" ground clearance under the floor section the area ratio would be over 7.3 which is waaay too high and I'll make sure the final ratio is less than 5.

Comment

You must have made some amazing things with Lincoln Logs or Legos when you were younger!

Love the passion!

craZee

Comment

Health issues & life stuff slowed me down a couple years but still at it! I figured I'd update this thread with a pic of a rear wing I acquired.

Comment

Who makes the wing?
              To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
                Who makes the wing?
                Wing was made by ReVerie in England. It was originally on a Noble. No, it's not the latest swan neck mounted 3D design but I'll play with it. I'm sure it's not "optimal" if someone used CFD to determine the best airfoil shape, cord, etc. for my application. BUT, I traded some of my time building a Factory Five GTM for the wing, so no out of pocket expense for me. I've had two more major heart events since my previous posts mentioning the first one and required angioplasty again, plus I've had bladder issues and prostrate issues, ugggggh sucks getting old! So medical bills from those and other health problems really buried me financially.

In the background of the wing pic you can see the tail panel of my '67 Camaro. I've been working on it the past couple months replacing the trunk pan, drop offs, frame rails, torque boxes, etc. Should be back together pretty soon. I'd started that project and then had the first heart attack a couple months into the job. Once finished, I'll drive it a bit and sell it to keep the bill collectors away and have time to work on the Firebird. It's a '67 RS SS Convertible.

Comment

Intentionally deleted.

Last edited by Loose Caboose; 10-23-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
                    Oli,

Very sorry to hear about your health issues. Hopefully, the angioplasty will do the trick and you get a good handle on the rest of it.
                    Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman View Post
                      What does this mean in layman's terms?
                      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Probably too extreme an angle and loss of laminar flow?

Air no stick gud.

Comment

Please note that I mistakenly referred to Oli in a prior post. Big mistake. I'm really sorry for any confusion it may have created.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
                            Please note that I mistakenly referred to Oli in a prior post. Big mistake. I'm really sorry for any confusion it may have created.

HA HA! It took me a moment to figure out your post.

Fortunately I am in great health.

No problem.

It is usually me who is confused. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post

What does this mean in layman's terms?
                              That the volume increases too rapidly in the diffuser section. Which it does in the cardboard mock ups that will be cut down once I can get them under the car at ride height to see how much room I have to work with. Actual diffuser will be much smaller. Better to start too big with cardboard and cut it down than too small and have to start over.

Comment

Got it. Keep posting photos. I really enjoy your work.
                                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
                                X