Critique please. Buttonwillow #13cw S2000, no aero. Clubsports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique please. Buttonwillow #13cw S2000, no aero. Clubsports

I have done about 4-5 track days in the S2000 now at Buttonwillow. Thank you everyone who helped with the setup advice in a precious thread.

Clocked a 2:03.7 on 11/27 with Speed SF.

I am looking for just 2 or 3 big hitters that I can work on for my next event. Hopefully there isn't something fundamentally wrong with my driving.

https://youtu.be/Qp3DtUFHVRM

Thank you!
    How can I do?

Leaving a lot of time on the table between cotton corners and phil hill. Too much short shifting and partial throttle

You're doing.. 105? MPH before braking for phil hill. Check other S2K videos and see what speeds they're doing there. Since the S2K speedo is so easy to see in videos, a good exercise is to compare entry and exit speeds against similarly spec'd cars on youtube, and see what they're doing differently.
    Last edited by JulioG; 11-28-2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I am watching this video a lot these days :-)
      https://youtu.be/RvadIfzK9UU

Cotton Corners to Phil Hill is like half the track, can you point a couple turns where you think I will achieve max benefit in terms of cutting time?
      For example, leave it in 3rd longer at grapevine?

Trying to improve a couple turns each track day...
      How can I do?

Comment

Originally posted by BANKAI View Post
        I am watching this video a lot these days :-)
        https://youtu.be/RvadIfzK9UU

Cotton Corners to Phil Hill is like half the track, can you point a couple turns where you think I will achieve max benefit in terms of cutting time?
        For example, leave it in 3rd longer at grapevine?

Trying to improve a couple turns each track day...
        Hah. That's me, I'll take a look at your video in a bit, I'm currently out at dinner!
        Do you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by tq3z View Post
          Hah. That's me, I'll take a look at your video in a bit, I'm currently out at dinner!
          Nice to know that you are on here and thanks! and great driving!
          How can I do?

Comment

You're not getting flung enough on the exits, you need higher min corner speeds (often this means earlier apexes). Also the tires need to be squirming in the fast stuff. Also you can clip more off of the bus stop apex I think.

More balls, less regard for personal safety.
            Last edited by robburgoon; 11-29-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
              You're not getting flung enough on the exits, you need higher min corner speeds. Also the tires need to be squirming in the fast stuff. Also you can clip more off of the bus stop apex I think.

More balls, less regard for personal safety.
              LoL, the last part I'might always working on. Thanks for the tips. The higher mid corner speeds you mentioned, do I need to enter the turn in faster or do you mean I just need more gas while in the turn?
              How can I do?

Comment

Working...
              X