Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

The trailers in route to Road America....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trailers in route to Road America....

Well everything's loaded up and on the way. I leave Friday for Road America. Test days on Sat & Sun and the Runoffs start on Monday. My class STU races first on Friday at 9am. SpeedcastTV will be covering the race.

Looking forward to it. Been driving RA for last 6 weeks in a simulator. It'll be my first time actually on the track and we have an uphill battle against the turbo cars in the class. But we'll be trying.

Get most recent updates on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrivingAmbitionUs

Hope you don't get kicked out for "bad sportsmanship" . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

good luck !!
      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
      13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
      17 GT350R
      03 Miata Club Sport
      96 NSX
      06 EVO MR
      15 Mini Cooper S
      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Good luck from me too!This is one of the tracks that i am really itching to drive,but it takes a good amount of skills and preparation to have a good time there.

Comment

Well, that plus it is in Wisconsin. :|
          Yer pal,
          Force

Comment

Best of luck, Ry!
            Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by krazik View Post
              Been driving RA for last 6 weeks in a simulator.
              Beware of the entry to Turn 6. The simulator I drove does not adequately express the surface of Turn 6 as you crest the hill. Directly below the foot bridge the track actually has a bit of a dip after the crest. This causes the car, at least my car, to tend to over rotate into Turn 6. There are a lot of spin outs there on entry. The simulator I drove does not reflect that reality.
              To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

this simulator definately did. I always had a hard time w/ T6 in it.

BTW Tom @ Pro Racing Sim at Sears Point FTW! (Tony C used him too)

Comment

Nevermind,i got it all messed up.
                  I hope you dis well in the morning race
                  Last edited by bawareca; 09-13-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

If you come across 80 and need anything in the Cheyenne area -- or just stop here for the night -- let me know and we'd be glad to grab food with ya.

btw -- there is significant weather in the area, although it's much worse the Colorado side that up here. We've had no appreciable flooding in Cheyenne although Laramie (45 minutes west on the 80) has had it worse.

Steve

Comment

Next year I will make the long tow to the Runoffs in T2. You know the long... long... tow to Laguna Seca!!!! Oh Yeah!

Comment

Good luck! Be safe and be fast!

Comment

Just as an update... We are being heavily hit by storms right now. I hope you aren't near here.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLevin View Post
                            Just as an update... We are being heavily hit by storms right now. I hope you aren't near here.

Steve
                            My advice . . . Don't take your SRF out in that weather. In all seriousness, I hope you and your family ride out the storm without problems. Keep us posted.
                            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

We're good here... the house is on elevation. But a lot of the interstates are closed or down to a single lane for road damage. I saw last night that this storm is considered to be a "100 year event" - I think some parts of Colorado got 40" of rain in a single day. Anyone from California heading to the Runoffs now should strongly consider taking I-40 to Oklahoma City and then I-44, etc, northwards. Even though it's longer mileage-wise I suspect it is a much wiser choice.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X