Dirt car news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Did you ever consider that YOU might be the recurring problem?
    4.5 years of SM in the same tub. There is no problem

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
      4.5 years of SM in the same tub. There is no problem
      Tell me if I am incorrect about this: SM competitors in SoCal who have been doing it for longer than you, such as Grant Westmorland, Clement Lee, and Bill Nelson are still on the same tub, but don't crash as often as you do.
      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

But do they drive flat out?

Comment

^^^ As for Grant, yes; as for Bill, no; and as for Clement, I don't know . . .
          The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
          1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
          2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
          2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

That looks pretty difficult. I've heard it's a lot of fun, but I'm not sure how much I would enjoy it. They built a small dirt track inside the Atwater kart track that is becoming popular. The problem is now we have to share the track. I've only been there once since the dirt track was built and when it was our turn to get on the asphalt road course my son and I were a bit shocked when we turned the steering wheel and the karts kept going straight. Damn dirt track drivers spread a layer of dust all over the road course and there was zero grip. Haven't been back since...

Actually, the guy who built the dirt track there is an older guy who used to race SU with nasa and semi-pro road racing (hired driver now and then). He said he would take any money he made from road racing and spend it on dirt oval track racing because he enjoyed that more.
            99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
            99 Supermiata "Super"

Comment

Slides are getting even bigger now. I was having trouble with the car pushing midcorner in 2, but if you enter the corner backwards, that solves the push issue.

Comment

Looking real sharp!

Your new motor sounds great, but you might need new gloves before too long!

Comment

So as far as racing goes, is getting the angles you had before you spun pretty much the fastest way around the track? It looked real tidy.

Comment

I have absolutely no idea. I was getting higher up the tach, and spending a large percentage of the corner with a high amount of throttle, and maintaining a slide all the way to the next turn-in point, but I'm just not sure if smaller angles would yield faster laps. I'd need to install a logger that can handle 20 second laps and that I could remove for the race since they aren't legal. I am spending less time coasting into the corners so that's gotta be a help.

These were the spare gloves, I forgot my new ones.

Comment

Corey Kruseman's school teaches entering the turns sideways and exiting straight, which is not easy.
                      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
                        Corey Kruseman's school teaches entering the turns sideways and exiting straight, which is not easy.
                        Ironically, I cant seem to keep myself from doing that in my s2k. Although it doesnt seem to be the fastest way around a paved course.

Comment

Here's the race the following night. I'm not in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X