Dirt car news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt car news

The dirt mod is very very close to being ready. Just need 5 feet of extinguisher tubing, install some belts, and pop the body panels back on.

It looks like the first test will be in a week from friday. I'm working on a deal to rent the whole track for a few days.

Also of interest to some dirty minded folks, some interesting cars for sale.

Two dwarf cars for the price of one: $8500, 1000lbs w/ driver

Pony stock pinto: 2100lbs w/ driver
    $5500

Dirt mod like mine: $6500, 2450lbs w/driver
    Last edited by robburgoon; 05-17-2013, 01:58 PM.

That post screams 360 degrees of Redneckedness. FatBillyBob is humbled by the awesomeness of redness on display.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
      I'm working on a deal to rent the whole track for a few days.
      What does that take, a 12 pack of PBR?

Comment

Originally posted by hakeem View Post
        What does that take, a 12 pack of PBR?
        Don't have a number yet, but I'm guessing much closer to that than what it costs to rent buttonwillow...

Comment

I'd love to rent something and join if its an affordable possibility.

Comment

Those Dwarf cars are a screaming deal, if they still look like that and aren't mangled, as they can sometimes get.
            www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
              Those Dwarf cars are a screaming deal, if they still look like that and aren't mangled, as they can sometimes get.
              Yep, and I *think* they turn the quickest laps.

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
                That post screams 360 degrees of Redneckedness. FatBillyBob is humbled by the awesomeness of redness on display.
                I'd buy one of those dwarfs if i could paint it black, put teeth on the grill, and mount a shotgun to the hood to get the other racers out of my way.

Comment

Which track is that?

I'd love to race one of those Hornet class cars. That was ChumpCar before there was ChumpCar!

Comment

BTW, several years ago I spent about a month in Arkansas for a work assignment. On a lark, a coworker and I went to one of those small-town Friday night dirt track races. It was great! We had a blast. Good racing and the stands were packed.

Comment

I couldn't get out the passenger side with the new seat, so I cut it back some. I also cut the driver's door sill down. You can see the new fire nozzles in this shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	941854_602881746397295_499315422_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	228426

Comment

Just blew it up.

Comment

What happened?
                          Robert Hall
                          #57 Pacific Auto Recycling Center Corvette
                          Pacific Auto Recycling Center

Comment

Originally posted by LagunaBlueS2k View Post
                            What happened?
                            Who gives a phuck?
                            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by LagunaBlueS2k View Post
                              What happened?
                              Not really sure, although I heard a rumor that the previous owner of this car went through a lot of engines. This might be yet another failed engine build. After the first session my neighbor noticed that this important bolt was missing and allowing oil to leak out. Apparently the small block chevy needs to have a bolt in the upper hole in front of the fuel pump. We got that in place and I didn't see any oil pressure issues other than while turning right uphill while leaving the track at idle. Maybe that did it? I'm not sure I put a huge amount of stock into that though.

Noticing that you're putting fluid down is harder when you don't have mirrors!

Last edited by robburgoon; 05-24-2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X