Track testing FR-S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
    The problem with that theory is that it lacks proportionality. It might work for an Evo 9, but not for an open wheel race car.

It's like that old saying that the perfect age for a man to marry his wife is when she is half his age plus 7 years. I actually like that one better than your theory.
    it's not a theory, just an observation. obviously it's a ballpark number based on a few cars i've ran. it doesn't account for every car and no it doesn't account for open wheel cars which now that you own one have apparently become a priority. it also doesn't account for people who tend to face backwards on track more often than most
    Last edited by smack; 08-08-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
      it's not a theory, just an observation. obviously it's a ballpark number based on a few cars i've ran. it doesn't account for every car and no it doesn't account for open wheel cars which now that you own one have apparently become a priority. it also doesn't account for people who tend to face backwards on track more often than most
      Richard has an additional "special" conversion between tracks. To make your formula work "proportionally", he needs to take into account a probability factor for spinning. Here are some of his Spin Probabilities (SP's) at various tracks:

BW 13CW = 1.0 (standard, pretty much a 100% chance of spinning once)
      WSIR = 0.9
      T-hill = 1.0
      Sonoma = 1.5
      Laguna Seca = 1.8
      ACS = 1.1
      CVR = 1.0
      99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
      99 Supermiata "Super"

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
        so who else besides me wants a frs/brz wagon for a daily? low cg, rwd, 5 doors, stick.
        not going to set lap records so i wouldn't mind a little more weight for a bigger car.
        ^this
        Since BRZ is slower than a 1996 dc2 TypeR, I don't see the point why they still only use coupe. But if they make it 5 doors and combine handling with practicality....
        VA(15) STI/FRS

Comment

Great driving!
          I guess OP could run at least 2:02 now using full stock FRS+2500USD coilover with 255 RS3 due to the repave?
          Last edited by jqsti2015; 03-28-2017, 08:35 PM.
          VA(15) STI/FRS

Comment

How about a two-door wagon like the first Z3 or the old VW Fox? That'd be pretty cool.
            www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
              How about a two-door wagon like the first Z3 or the old VW Fox? That'd be pretty cool.
              Z3 is only one generation, and the coupes are a bit on the expensive side

Comment

Holy necroposting, Batman! You guys just revived a 4.5 year old thread.

Sheriff Richard_Evo would never allow that if he were still here! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeColangelo View Post
                  Holy necroposting, Batman! You guys just revived a 4.5 year old thread.

Sheriff Richard_Evo would never allow that if he were still here! :-)
                  86cup guys' lap time barely reached OP's lap time after 4.5 years.
                  VA(15) STI/FRS

Comment

Working...
                  X