X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DScamp
    replied
    Originally posted by J. Tyler View Post
    You guys put on a really great event. Thanks!
    Thanks Jeff!

Leave a comment:

• J. Tyler
    replied
    Originally posted by DScamp View Post
    Hey guys, this is Daniel from Auto Eclectic.
    First of all, thank you guys so much for coming out! Everyone did incredibly well, and Emilio...you are a BEAST! I hope all of you had fun out there, we tried to keep everything leveled as best as we could given the circumstances, and it was a learning experience for all of us.
    It was a pleasure to meet all of you, and hopefully we get to hold another event in the near future and have all of you come down again.
    Thanks again guys!

...And dont worry, no spins or excuses in the story...the results were there, and realistically, how interesting of a story would it be if the "pro's" beat the "joes" ?
    You guys put on a really great event. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• DScamp
    replied
    Hey guys, this is Daniel from Auto Eclectic.
    First of all, thank you guys so much for coming out! Everyone did incredibly well, and Emilio...you are a BEAST! I hope all of you had fun out there, we tried to keep everything leveled as best as we could given the circumstances, and it was a learning experience for all of us.
    It was a pleasure to meet all of you, and hopefully we get to hold another event in the near future and have all of you come down again.
    Thanks again guys!

...And dont worry, no spins or excuses in the story...the results were there, and realistically, how interesting of a story would it be if the "pro's" beat the "joes" ?

Leave a comment:

• zjchaser
    replied
    I only grabbed a few pics.

Leave a comment:

• J. Tyler
    replied
    Somebody in the Evo.... Kenny I think?

[YOUTUBE]wD354au5xk4[/YOUTUBE]

Leave a comment:

• emilio700
    replied
    Just want to thank Patrick of AutoEclectic Magazine, Micky Grana of Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, Mitsubishi for donating the tough and fast Evolution RS and especially the hard core Track HQ drivers who made it a great weekend of smack talk , camaraderie and high speed fun .

We all worked as a team, sharing tips, watching lines, practicing all day Sunday to get ready for the showdown. I had just as much fun hanging out in the hotel and practicing Sunday as I did competing Monday. I can comfortably say that the hardcore TrackHQ regulars do indeed, drive "Flat Out".

Leave a comment:

• Chris@Xtremespeed
    replied
    More Pix!

Leave a comment:

• J. Tyler
    replied
    Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
    With Emilio jumping back in the car and going faster, I don't think there is any way that anyone could spin the story, even if they wanted to. I think Emilio just spin-proofed it.

Congrats E!

I'd like to thank Mickey for hosting this fine event, Patrick for making it happen, and Richard for talking smack.

Guys, if you haven't driven Chuckwalla, it's a pretty fun medium speed momentum track. Great pavement and easy on brakes.
    +1 to all this. Really well done, Emilio!

I had a hectic weekend...

Had a pretty violent crash in my kart on Saturday (flipped it at speed...I'm ok but everything still hurts...), and this psyched me out a little bit before this competition. AJ & I drove out to Chuckwalla Sunday afternoon, and William was kind enough to let me do a few laps in his S2000 at the end of the day. This was great because I'd never seen the track before - thanks William! (Still owe you dinner!). I got in his car, did a few laps & got comfortable quickly, and pitted. As soon as I got out of the car, I was shaking; very weird. I couldn't get the kart wreck out of my head. William asked me to take him out for a few laps, and I agreed to, but had completely lost my ability to focus on driving (William will attest to this, lol). It was like I was on the track for the first time again. Came in to the pits, got out of the car; still shaking. Couldn't get the kart out of my head. Hmm.

Anyway, I did OK in the Evo & Z06 today. No kart flashbacks or anything. I was reasonably happy with my 2 laps in the Evo, but bummed that the Z06 ran out of fuel on my fast lap. I've never driven a Corvette before, much less a C6 Z06 on slicks on a relatively unfamiliar track, so I was a little surprised to hear my first lap was a 1:58 as I was taking it really easy, feeling out the car, etc. From the driver's seat, my second lap in the Vette was WAY faster than the first as I actually 'drove' the car rather than tip-toe with it; but it ran out of fuel in the final corners of that lap. It felt way faster than the first, maybe I could've had something for Emilio...? Regardless, he was on fire today

Anyway, a BIG thank-you to everyone who voted me into this thing, all you TrackHQ guys for the encouragement at the track today, Patrick at AutoEclectic Magazine for putting on a great event, Mitsubishi & Micky for donating their cars, the "Magazine Pros" for coming up with every excuse in the book after getting their asses handed to them only to have their asses re-handed to them by Emilio thus making the TrackHQ victory that much sweeter, the VBOX datalog guy for the awesome videos & data overlay, William for the few laps in his car on Sunday, AJ for pointing out where the turn-off to the track was 30ft beforehand at 90mph, Corona Beer & Captain Morgan Spiced Rum for the great night's sleep, and most importantly, Astraist & Professional Israeli Driving School in Yaris Pista for how to hold a damn steering wheel -- without you I'd be steering with my knees.

Leave a comment:

• ryan
    replied
    I sucked hard in the evo. Been so long since I've driven a sedan type on street tires. I didn't have the balls and/or confidence to stuff that thing into the corners like a bunch of the guys. Charles is fearless.

Everyone did well. I predicted the evo would go around 2:08 and no one would go slower than 15, and everyone made it happen. I though I would be around 12.

I think I was the biggest fail. I knew emilio would be on top. I was very impressed with jeff and Charles.

The guys with actual race experience (patron cup) were cool and took it for what it was. Mark was out for fun as was micki. I think it was more of the "support crew" guys who got a little lippy.

Someone said the evo was "unsafe" with 5mm of pad left and worn down street tires, and that's where it started. It sounded to some like an excuse. I told mark, mickey and deiter that i thought emilio would be able to back it up. Gave them the "street tire don't really 'fall off'" speach, and they agreed that if Emilio wanted to get in the car last, "at his own risk" he could. And he came through.

Like I said, I don't think any of the "drivers" were upset, in fact i think a few were impressed.

My only redemption for the day was i had the chance to jump in marks car and ran a 56.2.

Nice work everyone! It was a fun time and I was impressed also!
    Last edited by ryan; 10-18-2010, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zjchaser
    replied
    OK, back home. That was a pretty epic trip! Thanks to everyone involved, I really had a fun time. The trackHQ gang is really a good group of guys and some great drivers. Huge Congrats to Charles, Emilio, and Jeff, that Z06 looked like a blast! I still think Kenny had the most entertaining lap! I cant wait to see all the incar video and the article

Leave a comment:

• kenchi
    replied
    how often do you get to see this guy?

By kennychieu at 2010-10-18

charles likes the tuna here

Leave a comment:

• MiataCharles_Hong_Kong
    replied
    Thanks to [email protected], [email protected] AutoEclectric Magazine and Mickey from Chuckwalla for putting this event together. I had so much fun hanging out with all of you.

To be honest I was a bit rough and off pace since I developed my driving style into a full blown agressive drifter style after one season of Formula D, lol. However, thanks to Emilio for reminding me how to drive a car fast around the track, I think I am back to normal now and am ready for nailing the testing, Superlap battle and Macau grand prix for the next couple of months!

Hope to see you all and lets kick it again!

Leave a comment:

• o-townFLA
    replied
    Congrats everyone....!

I can officially say that "my forum can whoop your forums ass"...

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    Originally posted by Olitho View Post
    They need to hire Emilio. Besides being fast, Emilio has one of the best capacities to put into words what a car is doing and what it needs.

Very true.

Congratulations everyone, You kicked butt!

e

Leave a comment:

• DocNrock
    replied
    So full of WIN!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X