Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

TrackHQ.com VS Magazine Pros Challenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
    I vote for Astraist might not outdrive them, but will talk them to a surrender

    let's not forget our own Leisure_Suit !!!
    Well, if they are in, I might just submit my resume for consideration. I can certainly insult the competition as well as anyone here.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

    2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
      I vote for Astraist might not outdrive them, but will talk them to a surrender

      let's not forget our own Leisure_Suit !!!
      Holy crap that would be funny if Leisure Suit showed up.

      Comment


      • I will submit my reasons for nomination after this weekend.
        Driving to the limit is my goal.
        Winning with Team 949 Racing is merely the result.
        2013 NASA TTD National Champion
        NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill Winner: 2011 E2 Class & 2012 E1 Class.
        Multiple wins in NASA PT and WERC series, with many more to come.


        Cheer for us during races throughout the year and like us on Facebook and Twitter!

        "Drive well and have fun." Drive W2W in the SuperMiata Race Series. Also, see me in action on YouTube.

        Comment


        • wow. 11 pages in 2 days. depending on scheduling, this sounds like fun.
          Turn your iphone into an action camera:
          www.igloocase.com
          www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

          Comment


          • ^^^ Matt - So you are in too? Great. The magazine "pros" are gonna get handed their asses.
            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

            2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

            Comment


            • Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
              Holy crap that would be funny if Leisure Suit showed up.
              No way. Chest hair creates too much drag.
              The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

              2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
              1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
              2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
              2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

              Comment


              • Matt is also a Miata driver. I see a trend here.
                S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                17 GT350R
                03 Miata Club Sport
                96 NSX
                06 EVO MR
                15 Mini Cooper S
                Beck 550 Spyder

                Comment


                • Wow, this is exciting. Wish I could nominate myself but my last track event was over a year ago and I'm likely out of form

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                    Holy crap that would be funny if Leisure Suit showed up.
                    Why yes....it would....

                    Do you understand?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                      Don't want to compete?
                      I can be a back up alternate to the alternate, but would rather see quicker more experienced THQers at the wheel. My MX5, Z06, and AWD (WRX) seat time was never competitive. I'll bring a helmet just in case, though. Usain Bolt on Top Gear proved we Jamaicans can be pretty fast on different types of tracks... ;-)

                      Comment


                      • I kind of think it would be cool to see trackhq rep'd by guys that dont make pretty regular media appearances. Having drivers at have reputations already outside of track hq win this thing would be kind of anti climatic. But to have guys like Clint, rob, William, sonny, and AJ represent the group would be a more compelling outcome IMO. They are all fast. (not intentionally leaving anyone off my list of fast guys here - these are just examples of guys i know and think of off the top of my head ) I mean, if the top 'prize' is being a test driver for them, why not send people that would actually appreciate the honor?

                        Just a thought...
                        Turn your iphone into an action camera:
                        www.igloocase.com
                        www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
                          I kind of think it would be cool to see trackhq rep'd by guys that dont make pretty regular media appearances. Having drivers at have reputations already outside of track hq win this thing would be kind of anti climatic. But to have guys like Clint, rob, William, sonny, and AJ represent the group would be a more compelling outcome IMO. They are all fast. (not intentionally leaving anyone off my list of fast guys here - these are just examples of guys i know and think of off the top of my head ) I mean, if the top 'prize' is being a test driver for them, why not send people that would actually appreciate the honor?

                          Just a thought...
                          A nice thought, but are we that confident that we can pull off the upset with our minor leaguers?

                          Presumably, if they bring 5 pros, SOMEONE is bound to know how to drive.

                          I'd rather lock down the win I think. They will probably put at least a very short bio with the drivers in the article. All we need to do is see if they will add a pro/am field to the bio. If a trackHQ amateur driver beats several magazine pros, the victory will be complete.

                          Comment


                          • I understand that perspective. Anyone know who their test drivers are?

                            And while I'm making comments from the peanut gallery, I think it would be pretty cool to do this like the top gear regular car challenge. A corvette would be great, but I think it could be comical for the video to also use a Honda Fit or something less "track car". I don't like the idea of using an EVO. I just don't like those cars. AWD is boring.
                            Turn your iphone into an action camera:
                            www.igloocase.com
                            www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
                              I kind of think it would be cool to see trackhq rep'd by guys that dont make pretty regular media appearances. Having drivers at have reputations already outside of track hq win this thing would be kind of anti climatic. But to have guys like Clint, rob, William, sonny, and AJ represent the group would be a more compelling outcome IMO. They are all fast. (not intentionally leaving anyone off my list of fast guys here - these are just examples of guys i know and think of off the top of my head ) I mean, if the top 'prize' is being a test driver for them, why not send people that would actually appreciate the honor?

                              Just a thought...
                              I like this idea. haha.
                              AJ - Akua Solutions - #128 Lotus Exige - MonkeyWrench Racing - Carbonetic - Innovative Mounts - Toyo Tires - JRZ Suspension - TW Research Development

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
                                I understand that perspective. Anyone know who their test drivers are?

                                And while I'm making comments from the peanut gallery, I think it would be pretty cool to do this like the top gear regular car challenge. A corvette would be great, but I think it could be comical for the video to also use a Honda Fit or something less "track car". I don't like the idea of using an EVO. I just don't like those cars. AWD is boring.
                                Agreed on the Evo. I am actually kind of worried. I don't know how to drive a car that drives itself

                                Not sure I want to do a car that's too pokey though. I worry about the sun going behind a cloud and making a big difference in lap time compared to the rest.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X