• Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a dead nuts date set for this?
    driving cars n stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by nils View Post
      is there a dead nuts date set for this?
      no set date yet. but there are two tentative dates. See first post. We will get a few extra drivers just in case some can not make it. In the mean time, anyone that is interested should submit their entry on the "Audition thread."

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
        So much car control skill, that I've never crashed into burgoon.
        Now that's really something to brag about. You must be the only club racer in SoCal who can say that. My $75 well spent.
        The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
        1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
        2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
        2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Looks like Robbie Montinola wants in. At 200 points he's not doing too bad there. He might be a third pro if he gets enough votes.

Richard, Ryan hasn't crashed into me *yet*. There's still plenty of time.

Comment

The magazinge guys gotta be pizzing their pants by now.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

all these THQ pros, im not getting in

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                Looks like Robbie Montinola wants in. At 200 points he's not doing too bad there. He might be a third pro if he gets enough votes.

Originally posted by GreyFocus View Post
                all these THQ pros, im not getting in
                Maybe a "no pro" clause?

"magazine pros vs pro drivers" may not be in the spirit of the article?

Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                  Maybe a "no pro" clause?

"magazine pros vs pro drivers" may not be in the spirit of the article?

Just sayin.
                  Yeah, it's more of a "our pros against your pros" and will be much less interesting. I'm sure there are enough fast non-pros here to take care of business.

e
                  99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                  '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

I can do either Sept 24 or 27 or Oct 18th. Chuckwalla is a good facility, new grippy and somewhat abrasive pavement. Not as technical as say, BW13 CW or CCW but challenging enough for a driver shootout. WSIR would be good too.

The rental is getting converted into the first SuperMiata for our W2W series. Kraftwerks Rotrex supercharger, some aero and weight reduction. Hope to have it finished enough to test at the Sep 25-26 Speedventures event. If another vehicle doesn't present itself, I'd be willing to rent it to the entity organizing this event. Rental rates are quoted on a case by case basis, not on forums

Those that have driven our rental can vouch for it's two key qualities:

1. Rewards very aggressive yet super precise driving
                    2. Penalizes sloppy, timid or inconsistent driving only with very slow laps, but is very easy to keep on track without flat spotting tires.

Have we settled on a car or cars yet?
                    Last edited by emilio700; 08-21-2010, 02:14 PM.
                    WWW.949RACING.COM
                    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
                    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

• i dont think we should exclude our fellow members who happen to be pro

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
                        Yeah, it's more of a "our pros against your pros" and will be much less interesting. I'm sure there are enough fast non-pros here to take care of business.

e
                        the title says trackHQ.com vs Magazine Pros. And the 2 Pro drivers here Charles and Billy were members here since the inception of the site. And both were not Pros at the time when they joined our site. they were just like the rest of us. Also, the remaining entries will be selected by you, the members, in a fair manner. so its your call when the nomination process begins.

Comment

• Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
                          I can do either Sept 24 or 27 or Oct 18th. Chuckwalla is a good facility, new grippy and somewhat abrasive pavement. Not as technical as say, BW13 CW or CCW but challenging enough for a driver shootout. WSIR would be good too.

The rental is getting converted into the first SuperMiata for our W2W series. Kraftwerks Rotrex supercharger, some aero and weight reduction. Hope to have it finished enough to test at the Sep 25-26 Speedventures event. If another vehicle doesn't present itself, I'd be willing to rent it to the entity organizing this event. Rental rates are quoted on a case by case basis, not on forums

Those that have driven our rental can vouch for it's two key qualities:

1. Rewards very aggressive yet super precise driving
                          2. Penalizes sloppy, timid or inconsistent driving only with very slow laps, but is very easy to keep on track without flat spotting tires.

Have we settled on a car or cars yet?

I decided to omit the shoot out and go with a voting process instead. see here: http://www.trackhq.com/forums/f303/a...ine-pros-3396/

Comment

• Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
                            the title says trackHQ.com vs Magazine Pros. And the 2 Pro drivers here Charles and Billy were members here since the inception of the site. And both were not Pros at the time when they joined our site. they were just like the rest of us. Also, the remaining entries will be selected by you, the members, in a fair manner. so its your call when the nomination process begins.
                            +1. Billy and Charles are not ringers. They are long time members here who post frequently, and they still show up at local track events.

Comment

• I guess I just have more faith in our non-pros than you guys do.

I guess I can see how the magazine article could explain how the whole story came about and that's how "our pros" are included.

e
                              99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                              '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

• I vote for Astraist might not outdrive them, but will talk them to a surrender

let's not forget our own Leisure_Suit !!!
                                S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                                13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                                17 GT350R
                                03 Miata Club Sport
                                96 NSX
                                06 EVO MR
                                15 Mini Cooper S
                                Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Working...
                                X