Collapse

TrackHQ.com VS Magazine Pros Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part 3: The Sheriff is not allowed to drive in the challenge, because he is known, like James May in TopGear as "Captain Slow." Nevetheless, the Sheriff, by virtue of his 200+ race and track days over the past 7 years, is entitled to a vote as to who runs in this event subject to manly's veto, of course. Your Sheriff loves you fast guys and gals, and we want to beat those magazine idiots by a very wide margin.

Let's select a date that Billy can make, OK?
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 08-21-2010, 12:05 AM.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
      Ha ha, yeah right, we all know it's the turbo
      you guys act like i drive a evo all car no skill

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tyler View Post
        Did I mention where I stayed last night?
        yeah i stay there everynight....

Comment

Rob, if you say Clint is hungry, then I'm starving!!!
          Driving to the limit is my goal.
          Winning with Team 949 Racing is merely the result.
          2013 NASA TTD National Champion
          NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill Winner: 2011 E2 Class & 2012 E1 Class.
          Multiple wins in NASA PT and WERC series, with many more to come.

Cheer for us during races throughout the year and like us on Facebook and Twitter!

"Drive well and have fun." Drive W2W in the SuperMiata Race Series. Also, see me in action on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by VagaXt View Post
            Rob, if you say Clint is hungry, then I'm starving!!!
            yeah us grassroots, westchester neighborhood boys need a shot

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
              ahem... ryan0 1:47.556

4 hours later and 20 degrees hotter.. On stock suspension, wheels and brakes.

I already assumed you were in.
              Corvette Specialty C6
              Life is like a race, the best times win!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                If this battle comes down to racing stock cars, then you never really know how it's going to go down. Most THQ drivers probably haven't driven a stock car on the track in years, if ever. However, I bet most of us can get a stock car to it's limits very quickly on a track. This will come down to who can get that very little extra out of a stock car. We're most likely looking at 10ths of second that will decide the winners. Only pros will really be able to make this happen. I'm not saying it'll be fun to give it a go. I'm down for sure, but we need drivers like Billy, Jeff and Charles for sure. Also, with stock cars, they go down hill so fast. If this goes down we at least need to get break pads for sure. I've driven so may rental cars on track, I know first hand how not good stock cars are when you get stuck behind the wheel on the 3rd or 4th session.
                Another vote for Jeff Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                  Let's select a date that Billy can make, OK?
                  +1 And hopefully one that Charles can make it. Jeff can make any date... lol.

Comment

Chuckawalla is less than 2 hours from my house, so I'll be there to support!

This should be fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman View Post
                      +1 And hopefully one that Charles can make it. Jeff can make any date... lol.
                      Glad to hear you are in. What is your racing schedule for the next few months, so we can work around it. Will ask Charles the same question.
                      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by desertosprey View Post
                        Chuckawalla is less than 2 hours from my house, so I'll be there to support!

This should be fun...
                        Don't want to compete?

Comment

Looking forward to the results on this one! Great idea!
                          2009 Nissan GT-R -- nicely modded

Comment

Goodluck to you guys driving, I'll definetely be reading the results.
                            2012 Toyota Sienna LE 2.7L 6AT (w/Convience Package + Preferred Package)
                            2000 Ford Fucus ZX3 5MT (I want my MPG! American Style.)
                            1994 Toyota Supra 5MT (SZ-R Project Status: Retired, 2012 Speed Ventures Time Trial CC9 Champion)

Comment

Working...
                            X