TrackHQ.com VS Magazine Pros Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
    +1. In a low limit car. It will come down to tenth of a sec. Winner will be one who had best weather and happen to be in tire temp sweet spot
    William, are you going to throw your hat in the ring?

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
      But is he trackhq? We're good enough that we don't need ringers.
      No. Magstar is not a trackHQ member. If we want to be honest and open about all this, I think Billy and Charles are HQ members and I hope we can get them to the event. Magstar, who is a complete maniac, fast but won't even put a rollbar, racing set and harness in his Z06, is not a member here. Plus he would have no idea how to drive an Evo.
      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

William, are you going to throw your hat in the ring?
        of course. it seem you are limiting this to Miata drivers anyway.

Billy, Charles, Emilio, Burgoon, Richard, Sonny are all present or ex Miata drivers.
        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
        13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
        17 GT350R
        03 Miata Club Sport
        96 NSX
        06 EVO MR
        15 Mini Cooper S
        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Billy, Charles, Emilio, Burgoon, Richard, Sonny are all present or ex Miata drivers.
          i got a miata too

Comment

I'm not doing anything, this is Manly's gig, I am just throwing my opinions around (as usual).

And I can't help it if all the fast guys (and Richard ) have the good sense to drive the best value track car on the planet.

I will say though, that GreyFocus seems more than a little hungry for this.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFocus View Post
              i got a miata too
              Yeah, I know, but as soon as you said you want to buy a new Mustang, everyone wrote you off as a complete moron. j/k

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
              2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
              2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

And I can't help it if all the fast guys (and Richard )
                Nice. Hope you drive your 3/8 mile dirt track car into the porta potty.

Comment

in September and October:

Sept 4/5 - SCCA at BW
                  Sept 10 - SV SOW (Friday)
                  Sept 17 - Extreme Speed SOW (Friday)
                  Sept 16-19 - NASA championship in Utah at Miller
                  Sept 25/26 - SV BW (Challenges)

Oct 9/10 NASA BW
                  Oct 16/17 SCCA BW
                  Oct 23/24 SV BW

Nov 2-5 SEMA LV
                  Nov 6/7 NASA BW and SV at SOW

many here have to be at SCCA or NASA races, or at one of the Challenges (Miata, S2K and Corvette). this not including Charle's Formula D or Billy's Grand Am schedule.
                  S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                  17 GT350R
                  03 Miata Club Sport
                  96 NSX
                  06 EVO MR
                  15 Mini Cooper S
                  Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

I have 2 track only Miatas, I should automatically qualify then
                    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                    17 GT350R
                    03 Miata Club Sport
                    96 NSX
                    06 EVO MR
                    15 Mini Cooper S
                    Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Relax, William. We gonna beat their "Professional Magazine Drivers" asses.
                      Last edited by Richard EVO; 08-20-2010, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                        None of that helps with an event at Chuckwalla.
                        my point is SCCA/NASA/SV Challenges schedule will prevent a lot from showing up if it conflicts with those dates. Most Trackhq'ers run in one of those.
                        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                        17 GT350R
                        03 Miata Club Sport
                        96 NSX
                        06 EVO MR
                        15 Mini Cooper S
                        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Nice. Hope you drive your 3/8 mile dirt track car into the porta potty.
                          That would be worth it for the story by itself, let alone the photos!

Comment

my point is SCCA/NASA/SV Challenges schedule will prevent a lot from showing up if it conflicts with those dates. Most Trackhq'ers run in one of those.
                            Then let's pick a date that works for track HQ members. I assume that everyone here is capable of going to Chuckwalla Valley Raceway and checking their event calendar, so we can pick a date that works for everyone here, as well as for the magazine challengers. William, sometimes I think you are a "GirlieMan".

Comment

I will say though, that GreyFocus seems more than a little hungry for this.
                              i will admit, i am hungry for this, i think i would be a good addition to the 10. Also i wanna prove to my fellow THQ folks that i can actually sorta drive and its not just the turbo in my car

Yeah, I know, but as soon as you said you want to buy a new Mustang, everyone wrote you off as a complete moron. j/k

haha you ass

even though i want a stang, i still love my miata, and will most liekly keep it around as my other track car

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFocus View Post
                                i will admit, i am hungry for this, i think i would be a good addition to the 10. Also i wanna prove to my fellow THQ folks that i can actually sorta drive and its not just the turbo in my car

haha you ass

even though i want a stang, i still love my miata, and will most liekly keep it around as my other track car
                                Ha ha, yeah right, we all know it's the turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X