Collapse

TrackHQ.com VS Magazine Pros Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To clarify put 12 on the list in case people don't or can't show up. Also if time permits they may let 12 run the first cut.

Dates are pretty firm on either Sept or Oct as the magazine is trying to get readers. They are only on their second issue.

Both dates are set around open track weekends so spectators can drive before or after the event. The track wants all of you out there to drive the track. $150 for a day $258 for the weekend.

As far as destroying a car, driver would be responsible I assume. Aside from rolling there is not much to hit out there except the pit wall.....

Comment

Another idea, what about hold a shootout at k1 speed to determine the final drivers?
      ~ Jim Tway
      Tway Motorsports
      (714) 528-2150
      #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
      Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
      PA Construction
      American Heritage Performance

Comment

Originally posted by vetteguy2005 View Post
        Magstar is the guy from Corvette Challenge to run in it. He just ran a 1:47 at ACS and he was in shorts and a t shirt and taking it easy..
        ahem... ryan0 1:47.556

4 hours later and 20 degrees hotter.. On stock suspension, wheels and brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by jimt View Post
          Another idea, what about hold a shootout at k1 speed to determine the final drivers?
          Cause an electric cart is comparable to a 3000, 500 hp car?

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
            Yes. They are the same.
            ~ Jim Tway
            Tway Motorsports
            (714) 528-2150
            #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
            Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
            PA Construction
            American Heritage Performance

Comment

Yes. They are the same.
              Indeed, I drive them both the only way I drive...

...flat out

Could not pass that one up.

Steve

Comment

If this battle comes down to racing stock cars, then you never really know how it's going to go down. Most THQ drivers probably haven't driven a stock car on the track in years, if ever. However, I bet most of us can get a stock car to it's limits very quickly on a track. This will come down to who can get that very little extra out of a stock car. We're most likely looking at 10ths of second that will decide the winners. Only pros will really be able to make this happen. I'm not saying it'll be fun to give it a go. I'm down for sure, but we need drivers like Billy, Jeff and Charles for sure. Also, with stock cars, they go down hill so fast. If this goes down we at least need to get break pads for sure. I've driven so may rental cars on track, I know first hand how not good stock cars are when you get stuck behind the wheel on the 3rd or 4th session.

Comment

i wanna drive
                  kenchimsg.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                    I just hope we pack the list with enough great versatile drivers to ensure that happens, even if a few have a bad session.

If I was building the dream team, here's what I would do:

Since we have two resident trackHQ pros, I'd suggest we give Billy and Charles priority spots if they want them and can make it. Manly absolutely should be on the list for sure as well.

Emilio drives lots of cars very well so he should get a spot.

Also would be good to drop in a seriously quick non-Charles S2K challenge driver. I'd probably ask S2K Ed for a recommendation.

What is that, five?

It would be interesting to toss in someone from Corvette Challenge and Miata Challenge, but Gordon and Andrew don't post here much and I am not sure if there is anyone really fast in CC.

Bueller might be a fun pick since he races an evo, but hard to tell how fast he really is since he races against dissimilar cars.

Would also be fun to get either Ryan or Oli since they only race against other T1 cars these days.

Hmm. As for filling the last 5 of my spots, I guess a challenge for trackHQ regulars with a V6 rental mustang or a rented car from another trackHQ guy would be best. (just not scheduled during nasa championships ) Maybe after driving the live axle mustang we can all go tell Billy that he's crazy
                    So Rob, did i make your dream team or what? Might and but are not confidence building words when you noted me.

I think Billy, Charles, Emilio, and Manly are given. Id even throw in Richard since it sounds like his smack talking initiated all this. I really only know a few people on this forum, so i have no idea who else to note other than guys i know from racing...like Oli, Ryan, Rob. And my friends Sean and Mark, but they dont post much on here. They race in SM and have experience with HC, and they started competing with the Evo/STi platform. Both very capable drivers with race experience.
                    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
                    Robispec
                    Girodisc
                    SCM
                    APR

Comment

But is he trackhq? We're good enough that we don't need ringers.
                      +1

Originally posted by Surfevo View Post
                      Both dates are set around open track weekends so spectators can drive before or after the event. The track wants all of you out there to drive the track. $150 for a day $258 for the weekend.
                      I might show up just for the open track.

Just do the XtremeSpeed event with rental. K1 why not try it with a parka on to simulate the heat J/K
                      If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Comment

I'm down to drive if needed but haven't ever tracked either of those cars or that track before. I"m hoping to get out to one of the next days they do out there for a shakedown.

This should be interesting.
                        AJ - Akua Solutions - #128 Lotus Exige - MonkeyWrench Racing - Carbonetic - Innovative Mounts - Toyo Tires - JRZ Suspension - TW Research Development

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          If this battle comes down to racing stock cars, then you never really know how it's going to go down. Most THQ drivers probably haven't driven a stock car on the track in years, if ever. However, I bet most of us can get a stock car to it's limits very quickly on a track. This will come down to who can get that very little extra out of a stock car. We're most likely looking at 10ths of second that will decide the winners. Only pros will really be able to make this happen. I'm not saying it'll be fun to give it a go. I'm down for sure, but we need drivers like Billy, Jeff and Charles for sure. Also, with stock cars, they go down hill so fast. If this goes down we at least need to get break pads for sure. I've driven so may rental cars on track, I know first hand how not good stock cars are when you get stuck behind the wheel on the 3rd or 4th session.
                          +1. In a low limit car. It will come down to tenth of a sec. Winner will be one who had best weather and happen to be in tire temp sweet spot
                          S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                          13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                          17 GT350R
                          03 Miata Club Sport
                          96 NSX
                          06 EVO MR
                          15 Mini Cooper S
                          Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Bueller View Post
                            So Rob, did i make your dream team or what? Might and but are not confidence building words when you noted me.

I think Billy, Charles, Emilio, and Manly are given. Id even throw in Richard since it sounds like his smack talking initiated all this. I really only know a few people on this forum, so i have no idea who else to note other than guys i know from racing...like Oli, Ryan, Rob. And my friends Sean and Mark, but they dont post much on here. They race in SM and have experience with HC, and they started competing with the Evo/STi platform. Both very capable drivers with race experience.
                            Nah, you'd have to race your way in on my list. You get an honorable mention, but I had the feeling I might be missing someone. You're not a no-brainer like the top 5 I had, but I wouldn't be doing badly having you on the team either. I am mostly curious because I don't have much data on you.

Comment

FYI I've been to Chuckwalla with Emilio and i think it has flow like big willow, but the speeds are slower. I think he can back me up on this. Also, I'm good at momentum tracks, if that helps me any. Also I'm fast at Streets and can adapt to cars quickly.
                              Last edited by VagaXt; 08-20-2010, 10:20 PM.
                              Driving to the limit is my goal.
                              Winning with Team 949 Racing is merely the result.
                              2013 NASA TTD National Champion
                              NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill Winner: 2011 E2 Class & 2012 E1 Class.
                              Multiple wins in NASA PT and WERC series, with many more to come.

Cheer for us during races throughout the year and like us on Facebook and Twitter!

"Drive well and have fun." Drive W2W in the SuperMiata Race Series. Also, see me in action on YouTube.

Comment

Also, if we are going to do try outs, it might be better to do it in a fast/heavy/scary car rather than Emilio's rental.

Besides, E's car doesn't have ABS. We'll end up with square tires.
                                i havent had ABS in my cars for 4 years

how about someone who has gone 32s at willow in both and evo and c5 z06 on street tries?.. oh thats me! besides, richard will pay? thats worth a vote right there to see him pry his wallet open..

i second the billy, emilio and charles thing.. all have experience in both tiny cars and high hp rwd... but id imagine billys plate is pretty full these days.. i think nils would be money also..

i think all of us can drive an evo... but lets remember that the finals are in a high hp rwd car on streets.. i think at least one of us vette guys would be beneficial if we're looking to take a real crack at winning.

also... how about every driver throw in $100, trackhq winner take all..
                                how bout 32's on street tires in a focus

yeah i was going to say the same thing, i dont see pace in a inconsistent electric kart being the same as pace on road courses in cars

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                                i actually have a pretty solid amount of time in stock-stockish cars on track from instructing

Comment

Working...
                                X