Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bueller
    replied
    Evos with OEM suspension are typically very easy to drive because they essentially behave like FWD cars. Evos with modified suspensions and diffs are a different story. Furthermore, setting up a car for time attack is different than setting up a car for a +35min race. But that also depends on how youre having it setup. You can setup an Evo to be extremely snappy and uncomfortable if you want. Basically, if you want, you can set it up to be as catastrophic in nature as you please.

As for the Evo X, ive never had the opportunity to drive one, but have sat in 2 on track. They are different to me. The Evo X, based on my limited experience, will make a hero out of just about anyone.

You guys are getting awfully picky. Difficulty is that a lot of you guys say that you guys have experience with various types of cars. So its not like you guys can ask for a car that the majority have not driven. Why dont you guys ask them to supply a car that is very difficult to drive. And then you guys can have someone purposely set it up poorly so that it is even more difficult to drive. Make the car unpredictable, and super snappy. I would think that twitchy cars are easier to drive, but when a car is unpredictably snappy, thats a different story.

Leave a comment:

• jnathan68
    replied
    Sounds like a fun event and would love to see some of us weekend warriors get in the mix...but...have to agree that to represent TrackHQ properly, need to put up the best drivers from the site.

A trackhq challenge run in the same car would have been fun though....

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    I understand that perspective. Anyone know who their test drivers are?

And while I'm making comments from the peanut gallery, I think it would be pretty cool to do this like the top gear regular car challenge. A corvette would be great, but I think it could be comical for the video to also use a Honda Fit or something less "track car". I don't like the idea of using an EVO. I just don't like those cars. AWD is boring.
    Agreed on the Evo. I am actually kind of worried. I don't know how to drive a car that drives itself

Not sure I want to do a car that's too pokey though. I worry about the sun going behind a cloud and making a big difference in lap time compared to the rest.

Leave a comment:

• zjchaser
    replied
    I kind of think it would be cool to see trackhq rep'd by guys that dont make pretty regular media appearances. Having drivers at have reputations already outside of track hq win this thing would be kind of anti climatic. But to have guys like Clint, rob, William, sonny, and AJ represent the group would be a more compelling outcome IMO. They are all fast. (not intentionally leaving anyone off my list of fast guys here - these are just examples of guys i know and think of off the top of my head ) I mean, if the top 'prize' is being a test driver for them, why not send people that would actually appreciate the honor?

Just a thought...
    I like this idea. haha.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Andrews
    replied
    I understand that perspective. Anyone know who their test drivers are?

And while I'm making comments from the peanut gallery, I think it would be pretty cool to do this like the top gear regular car challenge. A corvette would be great, but I think it could be comical for the video to also use a Honda Fit or something less "track car". I don't like the idea of using an EVO. I just don't like those cars. AWD is boring.

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    I kind of think it would be cool to see trackhq rep'd by guys that dont make pretty regular media appearances. Having drivers at have reputations already outside of track hq win this thing would be kind of anti climatic. But to have guys like Clint, rob, William, sonny, and AJ represent the group would be a more compelling outcome IMO. They are all fast. (not intentionally leaving anyone off my list of fast guys here - these are just examples of guys i know and think of off the top of my head ) I mean, if the top 'prize' is being a test driver for them, why not send people that would actually appreciate the honor?

Just a thought...
    A nice thought, but are we that confident that we can pull off the upset with our minor leaguers?

Presumably, if they bring 5 pros, SOMEONE is bound to know how to drive.

I'd rather lock down the win I think. They will probably put at least a very short bio with the drivers in the article. All we need to do is see if they will add a pro/am field to the bio. If a trackHQ amateur driver beats several magazine pros, the victory will be complete.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Andrews
    replied

Just a thought...

Leave a comment:

• desertosprey
    replied
    Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
    Don't want to compete?
    I can be a back up alternate to the alternate, but would rather see quicker more experienced THQers at the wheel. My MX5, Z06, and AWD (WRX) seat time was never competitive. I'll bring a helmet just in case, though. Usain Bolt on Top Gear proved we Jamaicans can be pretty fast on different types of tracks... ;-)

Leave a comment:

• tq3z
    replied
    Holy crap that would be funny if Leisure Suit showed up.
    Why yes....it would....

Leave a comment:

• lttletimmy
    replied
    Wow, this is exciting. Wish I could nominate myself but my last track event was over a year ago and I'm likely out of form

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Matt is also a Miata driver. I see a trend here.

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    Holy crap that would be funny if Leisure Suit showed up.
    No way. Chest hair creates too much drag.

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    ^^^ Matt - So you are in too? Great. The magazine "pros" are gonna get handed their asses.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Andrews
    replied
    wow. 11 pages in 2 days. depending on scheduling, this sounds like fun.

Leave a comment:

• VagaXt
    replied
    I will submit my reasons for nomination after this weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X