Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard EVO
    replied
    How is the "voting" for the drivers that rep trackHQ actually going to happen?

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
    From post 1

Remains to be seen if it actually happens, but there it is.
    I guess I didn't really pay attention at that point since I knew I was out of the running.

e

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
    I don't think there is a prize beyond pride/bragging rights. It's for fun and hopefully makes for an interesting story.
    I spoke with the editor yesterday and he's doing his best to bring real pro drivers. He didn't mention names though.

e
    From post 1
    Originally posted by Surfevo View Post
    Top driver will be offered the opportunity to be a test driver for the Auto Eclectic in the future.

Remains to be seen if it actually happens, but there it is.

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    I don't think there is a prize beyond pride/bragging rights. It's for fun and hopefully makes for an interesting story.
    I spoke with the editor yesterday and he's doing his best to bring real pro drivers. He didn't mention names though.

e

Leave a comment:

• DocNrock
    replied
    Lots of great talent out there on this forum. Billy and Charles are obvious choices, but if the "prize" is the opportunity to be a test driver for this magazine in the future, would they be interested in that opportunity?

JMHO, I personally would vote for the non-pros, unless Billy and Charles wanted the "prize." If not, then I think there are many more TrackHQ drivers that have the talent to out-drive the magazine guys.

Leave a comment:

• M.Bonanni
    replied
    Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    Happy to see your entry Mike! It would be nice to see you out there representing.
    I think it would be a ton of fun for sure. Plus I have haven't been to that track yet.

Leave a comment:

• Chris@Xtremespeed
    replied
    Does anyone know who these so called "magazine pros" are?
    I may have missed it in the posting, but I don't recall reading who the magazine will be sending out to drive for them.

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied
    Originally posted by M.Bonanni View Post
    - Manly Kao thinks I suck though.
    Happy to see your entry Mike! It would be nice to see you out there representing.

Leave a comment:

• Jaku
    replied
    it's better to see those familiar trackhq faces (Richard, Rob, AJ, Oli, William, Jeff etc) on this battle than some guys that don't even surf or chat here often, regardless of their skill or speed, this really represent trackhq~

if the magazine wants a fast driver, they don't need a battle like this, Charles or Billy can do it anytime~

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    Originally posted by ryan View Post
    ahhh... he was at cal speedway with us last weekend...
    Micky Grana is basically the guy who built Chuckwalla. He runs the place. He as a gazillion more laps on that track than anyone.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 08-23-2010, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Surfevo
    replied
    Micky is his name, great guy who has been a huge help in making the challenge possible. So do what you can to bring as many TrackHQ drivers out to support and drive the open track weekend around the challenge is hosted.
    Last edited by Surfevo; 08-23-2010, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryan
    replied
    The Z06 is the track owner's car. He runs the Corvette Challenge, he offered the car if two sets of tires can be found. The magazine is working on tire sponsor for the event. A perfect marketing tool for them, but we will see what happens.

ahhh... he was at cal speedway with us last weekend...

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    The Z06 is the track owner's car. He runs the Corvette Challenge, he offered the car if two sets of tires can be found. The magazine is working on tire sponsor for the event. A perfect marketing tool for them, but we will see what happens.
    Ahh yeah, I've seen him in his vette in his videos. He's probably well aware of the brake situation. If we are lucky, he might have already replaced the allen key pins with hexheads or whatever the solution is.

Leave a comment:

• Surfevo
    replied
    Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
    Surfevo,

One thing about the Corvette C6 Z06; the brake padlets wear extremely fast and the allen key pins are notorious for seizing up and being difficult to remove. There is a significant risk of running out of brakes on the Z06.

Rob

Originally posted by hikickracing View Post
    Is Troy Castaneda driving at this challenge?
    Do you know Troy? I can not comment if he will or will not be driving but I know he does test for the magazine.

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Silversprint View Post
    I bet drivers will beat on that Z06 all day and nothing will break unless parts were already really worn before the event.
    I'll take that bet if we count a non-tire pressure warning message as a "failure". Big brake or fluid fade counts too if it is bad enough to have loud complaints from the drivers.

What are the stakes? 48 bottles of sam adams beer? Keg?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X