Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

TrackHQ.com VS Magazine Pros Challenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by SurfEvo
    They said a max of 12 on the roster just in case.

    No harm putting 2 more in, in case some one on the list cant make it.

    I want to do a public ballot and will tally them manually at the end. some rules will apply. will think more about it over dinner.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
      No harm putting 2 more in, in case some one on the list cant make it.

      I want to do a public ballot and will tally them manually at the end. some rules will apply. will think more about it over dinner.
      We gotta get Billy to drive.

      And I even offered to pay Ryan Cashin's $75 entry fee if he will drive for trackHQ.
      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

      2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

      Comment


      • #33
        hmmm, a track I think most of us haven't run yet when these guys use it as their test track.
        AJ - Akua Solutions - #128 Lotus Exige - MonkeyWrench Racing - Carbonetic - Innovative Mounts - Toyo Tires - JRZ Suspension - TW Research Development

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by zjchaser View Post
          hmmm, a track I think most of us haven't run yet when these guys use it as their test track.
          All the more reason to pick a set of drivers ASAP so the drivers can get out there and practice.

          Comment


          • #35
            Can I be the token fat guy?

            Seriously, though, you guys are all faster than me...

            I would vote for the October date though because I will be racing at Thunderhill on the September weekend. So in October I can bring Chateau Rockwood for us to use as a staging base.

            Steve

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by SteveLevin View Post
              Can I be the token fat guy?

              Seriously, though, you guys are all faster than me...

              I would vote for the October date though because I will be racing at Thunderhill on the September weekend. So in October I can bring Chateau Rockwood for us to use as a staging base.

              Steve
              a steadily improving midpacker in Spec Racer Ford? I'd absolutely vote for you, but you might have trouble getting votes if you can't make one of the dates.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                All the more reason to pick a set of drivers ASAP so the drivers can get out there and practice.
                There are very few opportunities to run there before the event. They close down in July and August because it's so hot. There are open lapping days on Sept. 8, 25 and 26, but it will still be beastly hot then. There are also open lapping days on Oct. 16, 17 and 27. How about having the event in November? Nov. 13, 14 and 24 are open lapping days.

                I have run the track, one very long open lapping day. I think the guys we are talking about can learn it pretty well in about 1/2 day. It's pretty intuitive and flows very well. I think Emilio has been there already. Not sure about anyone else on the list.
                Last edited by Richard EVO; 08-20-2010, 06:58 PM.
                The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

                2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

                Comment


                • #38
                  I believe Mark in his mod class s2k has the Chuckawalla record.
                  S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                  13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                  17 GT350R
                  03 Miata Club Sport
                  96 NSX
                  06 EVO MR
                  15 Mini Cooper S
                  Beck 550 Spyder

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
                    I believe Mark in his mod class s2k has the Chuckawalla record.
                    True, but Mark hasn't shown any interest yet. Can you ask him?
                    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

                    2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      how about someone who has gone 32s at willow in both and evo and c5 z06 on street tries?.. oh thats me! besides, richard will pay? thats worth a vote right there to see him pry his wallet open..



                      i second the billy, emilio and charles thing.. all have experience in both tiny cars and high hp rwd... but id imagine billys plate is pretty full these days.. i think nils would be money also..

                      i think all of us can drive an evo... but lets remember that the finals are in a high hp rwd car on streets.. i think at least one of us vette guys would be beneficial if we're looking to take a real crack at winning.

                      also... how about every driver throw in $100, trackhq winner take all..

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by ryan View Post
                        how about someone who has gone 32s at willow in both and evo and c5 z06 on street tries?.. oh thats me! besides, richard will pay? thats worth a vote right there to see him pry his wallet open..



                        i second the billy, emilio and charles thing.. all have experience in both tiny cars and high hp rwd... but id imagine billys plate is pretty full these days.. i think nils would be money also..

                        i think all of us can drive an evo... but lets remember that the finals are in a high hp rwd car on streets.. i think at least one of us vette guys would be beneficial if we're looking to take a real crack at winning.

                        also... how about every driver throw in $100, trackhq winner take all..
                        Streets? What you talkin bout Willis?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by desertosprey View Post
                          The event is held at the earliest September 24th, yes? So, for all the THQ hopefuls, have a showdown!

                          Every contender pitches in $xx on a rental car (opt for the insurance), and the group ensures the car is set up the same for each driver (same tire pressure, windows in the rear up, spare tire in car, full tank of gas, etc.). Draw straws to see who goes first (cool of morning) and such, and bang! Fastest times determine your winner. Hold the qualifying round at the 9/17 XtremeSpeed event or similar, and there you go.

                          BTW, the rental should be rear drive and please... someone bring brake pads for the thing!!

                          Man, even if you don't do that for the magazine challenge, we should do a rental car challenge anyway.
                          Intersting idea. I did a rental Corvette in the Corvette Challenge. I even put my bubble top and slicks on it. It disappointing in its handling but it survived.

                          It was a lot of drifting.
                          Corvette Specialty C6
                          Life is like a race, the best times win!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                            Streets? What you talkin bout Willis?
                            pfft. manly big track. Chuckwalla is more like big willow than streets.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                              I just hope we pack the list with enough great versatile drivers to ensure that happens, even if a few have a bad session.

                              If I was building the dream team, here's what I would do:

                              Since we have two resident trackHQ pros, I'd suggest we give Billy and Charles priority spots if they want them and can make it. Manly absolutely should be on the list for sure as well.

                              Emilio drives lots of cars very well so he should get a spot.

                              Also would be good to drop in a seriously quick non-Charles S2K challenge driver. I'd probably ask S2K Ed for a recommendation.

                              What is that, five?

                              It would be interesting to toss in someone from Corvette Challenge and Miata Challenge, but Gordon and Andrew don't post here much and I am not sure if there is anyone really fast in CC.

                              Bueller might be a fun pick since he races an evo, but hard to tell how fast he really is since he races against dissimilar cars.

                              Would also be fun to get either Ryan or Oli since they only race against other T1 cars these days.

                              Hmm. As for filling the last 5 of my spots, I guess a challenge for trackHQ regulars with a V6 rental mustang or a rented car from another trackHQ guy would be best. (just not scheduled during nasa championships ) Maybe after driving the live axle mustang we can all go tell Billy that he's crazy
                              Magstar is the guy from Corvette Challenge to run in it. He just ran a 1:47 at ACS and he was in shorts and a t shirt and taking it easy.

                              YouTube - Magstar at Fontana

                              He is very skilled as well as having a scary fast car. He owns a pro motor cycle driving school. Michael Jordan is one of his students.

                              He would be awesome on the team.
                              Corvette Specialty C6
                              Life is like a race, the best times win!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by vetteguy2005 View Post
                                Magstar is the guy from Corvette Challenge to run in it. He just ran a 1:47 at ACS and he was in shorts and a t shirt and taking it easy.

                                YouTube - Magstar at Fontana

                                He is very skilled as well as having a scary fast car. He owns a pro motor cycle driving school. Michael Jordan is one of his students.

                                He would be awesome on the team.
                                But is he trackhq? We're good enough that we don't need ringers.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X