• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Andrews
    replied
    Originally posted by VagaXt View Post
    "Sentences..." :P

But yeah, I agree with you on the "race" and "pro" definitions.
    haha. spelling however, is not a pet peeve of mine... :P

Leave a comment:

• jimt
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    now that we are getting off topic, "pro" is almost as inappropriately used of a term as "race" on car forums.

HPDE and time attack aren't a "race". And "pro's" that don't pay their bills and live off of an income made from racing or testing cars are not professionals. Not taking away from talented people here or those who have worked with magazine staffs. Just kind of a pet peeve of mine - kind of like saying "good" when you should use "well", or leaving dangling participles at the end of sentances...

/rant
    Whatever....I won a $100 at the last S2K race. That makes me a good pro doesn't it.

Leave a comment:

• VagaXt
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    now that we are getting off topic, "pro" is almost as inappropriately used of a term as "race" on car forums.

HPDE and time attack aren't a "race". And "pro's" that don't pay their bills and live off of an income made from racing or testing cars are not professionals. Not taking away from talented people here or those who have worked with magazine staffs. Just kind of a pet peeve of mine - kind of like saying "good" when you should use "well", or leaving dangling participles at the end of sentances...

/rant
    "Sentences..." :P

But yeah, I agree with you on the "race" and "pro" definitions.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Andrews
    replied

/rant

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    I might have missed this too but does the magazine have to bring the pro drivers from the original article?

e

Leave a comment:

• 0.o slow 1.6
    replied
    Originally posted by nils View Post
    the honest truth..

magazine looks like it was designed by a freshman in highschool using microsoft word... the verbiage is equally as bad... actually its painful & embarrassing to read.
    Throwing them fighten wurds.....

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Originally posted by J. Tyler View Post
    Hey, whaddya say we wait until after the shootout to say things like that...?
    that was the best auto magazine I've read !!

Leave a comment:

• J. Tyler
    replied
    Originally posted by nils View Post
    Hey, whaddya say we wait until after the shootout to say things like that...?

Leave a comment:

• nils
    replied
    the honest truth..

magazine looks like it was designed by a freshman in highschool using microsoft word... the verbiage is equally as bad... actually its painful & embarrassing to read.

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    Originally posted by Surfevo View Post
    Auto Eclectic Magazine

A new online publication with a focus on all performance cars

Here is the site: Auto Eclectic, A Collection of Automotive Passion

Here is the current issue: Auto Eclectic August Issue

In this issue there is a track shootout and the guys on TrackHQ.com starting running their mouths about slow times of our Pro drivers. So the challenge was set TrackHQ.com VS Mag Pros
    I might be a little slow, not only on track, but is Surfevo the magazine's editor? Dun dun dun
    At least initially he was pretending to not be.

e
    Last edited by Red_5; 08-26-2010, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Andrews
    replied

In this issue there is a track shootout and the guys on TrackHQ.com starting running their mouths about slow times of our Pro drivers. So the challenge was set TrackHQ.com VS Mag Pros
    this doesn't sound like a friendly attempt at an entertaining article as much as magazine guys getting bent out of shape and trying to make a point? Did you guys really get as spun up about the peanut gallery on Track HQ as your post suggests?

You guys know, the following, and you know the public doesn't usually get this: The goal is to get reliable data for a comparison in someone else's equipment that have been prepped to questionable levels when the magazine gets there hands on them. And if its a multiple car test, the drivers get a few laps in any one car before they have to drive another one.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    who dares to challenge Mag Pros

Mod class S2K or Miata would not of beat the Mosler, what the heck were Trackhq'ers thinking

Leave a comment:

• Surfevo
    replied
    Auto Eclectic Magazine

A new online publication with a focus on all performance cars

Here is the site: Auto Eclectic, A Collection of Automotive Passion

Here is the current issue: Auto Eclectic August Issue

Leave a comment:

• ASSALBERT
    replied
    what magazine is this event pertaining to?

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
    How is the "voting" for the drivers that rep trackHQ actually going to happen?
    updated first post with instructions for the voting process here:
    http://www.trackhq.com/forums/f303/a...396/#post51545

Leave a comment:

Working...
X