• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.Bonanni
    replied
    Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    Event will take place on Oct 18th.
    Also as a reminder, no more entries will be accepted after midnight tonight.
    Boooo, I'm out. Have a conflicting event that day.

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied
    Update on teh Event Date: Set to go down on Oct 18th

Event will take place on Oct 18th.
    Also as a reminder, no more entries will be accepted after midnight tonight.

Leave a comment:

• SIK02SS
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    difference is, I will be quite suprised if Billy will fly back from North Carolina for this, while Micky is probably pretty near by the track. I wouldn't call it an unfair advantage, but if we are using his car at his track, he will be set up with just about every advantage you could hope for...

but who cares? This should just be for fun. A magazine needs entertaining articles, if they are faster or slower doesn't really change their credibility with readers IMO.
    I was joking about the unfair advantage really. It wouldn't stop me from competing at the best of my ability if I were somehow chosen for it. I've competed against "Pro's" a few times over the last few years and have done pretty well against them thus far. Given a day of testing (which it looks like there is), I don't think I'll have any problem learning the track to run it well when given my 4 laps

Leave a comment:

• Matt Andrews
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
    That's just trackHQ's tough luck. If we want to have Billy represent us, they should be able to have Micky represent the Magazine.
    difference is, I will be quite suprised if Billy will fly back from North Carolina for this, while Micky is probably pretty near by the track. I wouldn't call it an unfair advantage, but if we are using his car at his track, he will be set up with just about every advantage you could hope for...

but who cares? This should just be for fun. A magazine needs entertaining articles, if they are faster or slower doesn't really change their credibility with readers IMO.
    Last edited by Matt Andrews; 08-27-2010, 02:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Andrews
    replied
    Originally posted by Surfevo View Post
    By definition all of the Magazine Pros either get paid to drive for the magazine or paid to drive. Therefor making them Pros.
    I guess we have different views on the definition of "pro". honestly, I never looked at the list of drivers for your site - so I wasn't and am not speaking of the drivers for your mag specifically. If you have a day job, or mommy and daddy have deep pockets which allow you to focus on racing and build out a pretty website, you aren't a pro. I don't care how many times someone has given you a check that doesn't cover the expense of racing and your daily life bills.

Like I said - it doesn't mean you aren't fast as there are LOTS of talented drivers that haven't gotten the lucky break to make a living doing it.

(trying to find the exit to this rat hole...)

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    Originally posted by SIK02SS View Post
    I think Micky Grana who runs the track has the automatic advantage though...dare I say it: an unfair advantage
    That's just trackHQ's tough luck. If we want to have Billy represent us, they should be able to have Micky represent the Magazine.

Leave a comment:

• SIK02SS
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I agree. He does not make a living racing cars. He also looks about 14 on that website. I think Oli found a picture of his great-grandmother.
    I think Micky Grana who runs the track has the automatic advantage though...dare I say it: an unfair advantage

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    Originally posted by SIK02SS View Post
    Troy Castaneda - News

and Besides being paid by auto eclectic, I don't think he fits the given definition here for a "Pro".
    I agree. He does not make a living racing cars. He also looks about 14 on that website. I think Oli found a picture of his great-grandmother.

Leave a comment:

• M.Bonanni
    replied
    Originally posted by J. Tyler View Post
    Who cares!!! This will be a lot of fun either way. And it'll get the word out about TrackHQ.com.
    Agreed

Leave a comment:

• SIK02SS
    replied
    Originally posted by Olitho View Post
    Seriously, who is Troy Castaneda? Is this him?

Troy Castaneda - News

and Besides being paid by auto eclectic, I don't think he fits the given definition here for a "Pro".

Leave a comment:

• Olitho
    replied
    Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
    Troy Castaneda is listed on the Auto Eclectic website as one of their "pro" drivers.
    Seriously, who is Troy Castaneda? Is this him?

Leave a comment:

• DocNrock
    replied
    Troy Castaneda is listed on the Auto Eclectic website as one of their "pro" drivers.

Troy Castaneda - News

Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• J. Tyler
    replied
    Who cares!!! This will be a lot of fun either way. And it'll get the word out about TrackHQ.com.

Leave a comment:

• Surfevo
    replied
    By definition all of the Magazine Pros either get paid to drive for the magazine or paid to drive. Therefor making them Pros.

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    now that we are getting off topic, "pro" is almost as inappropriately used of a term as "race" on car forums.

HPDE and time attack aren't a "race". And "pro's" that don't pay their bills and live off of an income made from racing or testing cars are not professionals. Not taking away from talented people here or those who have worked with magazine staffs. Just kind of a pet peeve of mine
    +1. I couldn't have said it better. I wonder if the Magazine's "pros" are really pros under that definition? Billy Johnson is a pro. I don't actually know if Charles Ng is. (Is that a dangling participle?)

I think Micky Grana is one of the Magazine pros. But he makes his living running Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, as far as I know. I don't think he makes a living as a race car driver.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X