TrackHQ.com VS Magazine Pros Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leisure Suit Louie View Post
    +2 On the fence right now and considering sitting it out. 1 out lap to try to learn the car and 2 hot laps isn't giving me warm fuzzies.
    No. You are going. Period.

HP Autowerks 335i - 1st Place @ RTA Las Vegas 2010
    HP Autowerks 335i @ Buttonwillow - 1:59.1
    HP Autowerks 335i @ Laguna Seca
    Buttonwillow dorifto
    Lexus IS-F @ Chuckwalla
    100cc TonyKart @ Adams
    125cc TonyKart Shifter @ Apex

Comment

• Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
      Sonny.

Thx for the video. First time I look at the track. Designer really likes double apexes !!

Anyone knows curbing here. Do u take them or leave them alone or does it depends on the corner ?
      The paint on the curbs are slippery from what I remember and they also kept pushing me away. I'd stay off of them.

The rumble strips at the corner exits are not too bad, so they should be ok to touch.
      Driving to the limit is my goal.
      Winning with Team 949 Racing is merely the result.
      2013 NASA TTD National Champion
      NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill Winner: 2011 E2 Class & 2012 E1 Class.
      Multiple wins in NASA PT and WERC series, with many more to come.

Cheer for us during races throughout the year and like us on Facebook and Twitter!

"Drive well and have fun." Drive W2W in the SuperMiata Race Series. Also, see me in action on YouTube.

Comment

• anyone have a floor i can crash on sunday night? ll pitch in for room expense

Comment

• See you guys tomorrow afternoon. Charles and i will start driving over there in the morning. Clint, i think we have space for one person on the floor. So you get first dibs. We made reservation at the Fantasy Springs Resort in Indio, about 40 minutes from the track. Believe it or not, that's the closest hotel to the track.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
            See you guys tomorrow afternoon. Charles and i will start driving over there in the morning. Clint, i think we have space for one person on the floor. So you get first dibs. We made reservation at the Fantasy Springs Resort in Indio, about 40 minutes from the track. Believe it or not, that's the closest hotel to the track.
            cool man, thanks, just need a small space on the floor or the bath tub LOL

Comment

See you guys tomorrow afternoon. Charles and i will start driving over there in the morning. Clint, i think we have space for one person on the floor. So you get first dibs. We made reservation at the Fantasy Springs Resort in Indio, about 40 minutes from the track. Believe it or not, that's the closest hotel to the track.
              where do we register for tomrrow's track day ? or is that a freebie ?
              S1 Supermiata - 220whp
              13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
              17 GT350R
              03 Miata Club Sport
              96 NSX
              06 EVO MR
              15 Mini Cooper S
              Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• All you have to do is show up. I doubt its a freebie. $150 I think.
                The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Ok, I am officially going (kicking and screaming).

Comment

• $175 to register online.
                    $200 if you do it trackside.

for sunday

https://www.starcarsports.com/

I booked the same hotel. $99 per nite, 2 beds. AAA discount.
                    Fantasy Springs Resort in Indio
                    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                    17 GT350R
                    03 Miata Club Sport
                    96 NSX
                    06 EVO MR
                    15 Mini Cooper S
                    Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

And again, the track fee is pay to the track not to the magazine. Yes, it would suck if you get eliminated after the first round. but maybe the track owner will let us run the track in our own cars while nothing is in session since we already paid for the $75 insurance.
                      Manly, any words on a possible open day afterward?

Also, I'll see you guys hopefully by 8-8:30am on Monday at Chuckwalla.

Cheer for us during races throughout the year and like us on Facebook and Twitter!

"Drive well and have fun." Drive W2W in the SuperMiata Race Series. Also, see me in action on YouTube.

Comment

• ^Monday will not be open to public for lapping.

Comment

^Monday will not be open to public for lapping.
                          I assume "public" includes even us that's in the magazine article.

Also, anyone got room on the floor for Sunday night or want to carpool to the event?

Comment

• Originally posted by VagaXt View Post
                            Also, anyone got room on the floor for Sunday night or want to carpool to the event?
                            I got room on the floor.
                            S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                            17 GT350R
                            03 Miata Club Sport
                            96 NSX
                            06 EVO MR
                            15 Mini Cooper S
                            Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• Definitely only the Challenge drivers allowed on track Monday. Micky told me it's not an open track day, even for trackHQ members who aren't driving in the Challenge.

You guys are gonna like this track. Way better than SOW or ACS Infield. I like better than ACS Roval and maybe even Buttonwillow (I will get flamed for that last one). It flows really well, with great combinations of turns.
                              The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                              1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                              2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                              2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Car is Evo
                                S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                                17 GT350R
                                03 Miata Club Sport
                                96 NSX
                                06 EVO MR
                                15 Mini Cooper S
                                Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Working...