Collapse

TrackHQ.com VS Magazine Pros Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how bout the number of cars? 1? 2? 5? 10?

Comment

• I get to go home early on Monday !!
      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
      13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
      17 GT350R
      03 Miata Club Sport
      96 NSX
      06 EVO MR
      15 Mini Cooper S
      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
        I get to go home early on Monday !!
        haha come on will, have a little more faith in yourself

at least you've been to the track, unlike me

Comment

• Originally posted by GreyFocus View Post
          haha come on will, have a little more faith in yourself

at least you've been to the track, unlike me
          hey, I know I am the best driver, other than the other 9 Trackhq'ers.

no, I've also never been to Chuckawalla
          I just hope the car is as close to Miata as possible like that will happen.
          S1 Supermiata - 220whp
          17 GT350R
          03 Miata Club Sport
          96 NSX
          06 EVO MR
          15 Mini Cooper S
          Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• I think you guys are going to do just fine. Just go out there and enjoy the experience.
            Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
            Robispec
            Girodisc
            SCM
            APR

Comment

• Originally posted by Bueller View Post
              I think you guys are going to do just fine. Just go out there and enjoy the experience.
              I agree with this ^^^^^. Cheap track day in which you get to drive someone else's car and talk trash with comrades is a good day in my book.

Comment

• I don't care how fast everybody is.... Leisure Suit Louie had better show up. That's all I gotta say.
                HP Autowerks 335i - 1st Place @ RTA Las Vegas 2010
                HP Autowerks 335i @ Buttonwillow - 1:59.1
                HP Autowerks 335i @ Laguna Seca
                Buttonwillow dorifto
                Lexus IS-F @ Chuckwalla
                100cc TonyKart @ Adams
                125cc TonyKart Shifter @ Apex

Comment

• Originally posted by jnathan68 View Post
                  I agree with this ^^^^^. Cheap track day in which you get to drive someone else's car and talk trash with comrades is a good day in my book.
                  umm. it is 2 hot laps.

talk track with Louie I do enjoy.
                  S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                  17 GT350R
                  03 Miata Club Sport
                  96 NSX
                  06 EVO MR
                  15 Mini Cooper S
                  Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
                    umm. it is 2 hot laps.

talk track with Louie I do enjoy.
                    Ummm....I will be working...want to trade? Plus, you just need to make it to the 2nd round to get two more laps
                    Last edited by jnathan68; 10-14-2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
                      i believe so. it will be as fair as possible other then most of our drivers have never been on this track before.
                      and the fact that the magazine "pros" get to know what the cars are before the event...

So you get to spend how many hours in the car to get to and from the track? And then you get to pay for the track so the "magazine" can write the story?
                      Turn your iphone into an action camera:
                      www.igloocase.com
                      www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
                        and the fact that the magazine "pros" get to know what the cars are before the event...

So you get to spend how many hours in the car to get to and from the track? And then you get to pay for the track so the "magazine" can write the story?
                        The Magazine Pros are also regulars at Chuckwalla, including Micky, who built and runs the track and has far more laps at Chuckwalla than anyone else on the planet. And my guess is one of the cars is his personal C6 Z06.
                        The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                        1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                        2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                        2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                          The Magazine Pros are also regulars at Chuckwalla, including Micky, who built and runs the track and has far more laps at Chuckwalla than anyone else on the planet. And my guess is one of the cars is his personal C6 Z06.
                          It does appear to be heavily stacked in the Magazine Pro's favor. Might be just make the Challenge that much more interesting should one or more of us schmoes prevail.
                          WWW.949RACING.COM
                          SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
                          But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                            If so, look out for Ryan, he has some good seat time in a not so properly setup 650hp C6Z
                            --Chris Ronson Jr--
                            www.ronsonracing.com

T1 Corvette roller for sale

Comment

• Sorry I couldn't attend the event. With the race at Charlotte this weekend, going to Detroit next weekend, and coming back to SoCal for Halloween, SEMA, Time Attack, and Testing in the next few weeks, I wasn't able to make it work.

Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post

+1.

With very information provided on their end, their familiarity of the track and cars, and charging the THQ people $75/person to jump right in the deep end for eliminations after 2 laps, seems a bit sketchy to me. Best of luck to everyone going though. I really wish I could have made it to represent and take care of some business.

Kick some @$& for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuntman View Post
                                +1.

With very information provided on their end, their familiarity of the track and cars, and charging the THQ people $75/person to jump right in the deep end for eliminations after 2 laps, seems a bit sketchy to me. Best of luck to everyone going though. I really wish I could have made it to represent and take care of some business.

Kick some @$& for me!
                                +2 On the fence right now and considering sitting it out. 1 out lap to try to learn the car and 2 hot laps isn't giving me warm fuzzies.
                                Please, no guesses or claims as to who I am in public.

Comment

Working...
                                X