Collapse

TrackHQ.com VS Magazine Pros Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this won't be easy. more than 3/4 of the trackhq candidates have never been to Chuckwalla. (I'm planing my excuses like a Pro driver already ) So if we dont win, can we have a Part2 challenge at Buttonwillow 13 CW? haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Micky Grana View Post
      Magstar is one of the five guys from the pro team sorry Buy the way he is not the fastes at CVR he is third and the two in front of him will also be driving for us.
      If Magstar is a "pro" driver, I'm a monkey's uncle (and I'm not, I'm your "Uncle Rich"). He is pretty fast in his C6 Z06, which doesn't have any rollover protection or a racing seat or harness. He drives in street clothes. No "pro" driver would drive a car like that in anger or dress like that while doing it.
      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan View Post
        Maybe a "no pro" clause?

"magazine pros vs pro drivers" may not be in the spirit of the article?

Just sayin.
        we were just talking about this My understanding on hou all this got started was there were a few guy track day or club guys talking about how they could out drive the mag "Pros" Pros on Pros it kind of changes the deal a bit it would be great to see club and track day guys out drive Pros or the guys that do this all the time day in and day out. I kind of bought into this for the spirit of the deal. Oh ya by the way don't get to attached to the cars they could change?? ha ha all good if every on is in the same car and driving order is random say drawn out of a hat?

Comment

Magstar is one of the five guys from the pro team sorry Buy the way he is not the fastes at CVR he is third and the two in front of him will also be driving for us.
          This is the reason why you don't bring a knife to a gunfight. You bring BIG guns and Big bullets and once you have shot down your enemy, put one more slug in then just for good measure.
          If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
            If Magstar is a "pro" driver, I'm a monkey's uncle (and I'm not, I'm your "Uncle Rich"). He is pretty fast in his C6 Z06, which doesn't have any rollover protection or a racing seat or harness. He drives in street clothes. No "pro" driver would drive a car like that in anger or dress like that while doing it.
            I was asked to get drivers for the Mag side And i was told to get drivers from the industry that I would use for mag tests Mark would be of them. Mark has ran faster then every one at the track with two exceptions and he did all that with no roll bar. Just think wait he would do in a car that he could push in. 154.6 at CVR and never put a wheel in the dirt 147.? at Cal Speedway no issues. If you look at some of the videos of some of the guys at CVR the are arounf the 200. min mark and in the dirt not just droping a wheel but in the dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
              this won't be easy. more than 3/4 of the trackhq candidates have never been to Chuckwalla. (I'm planing my excuses like a Pro driver already ) So if we dont win, can we have a Part2 challenge at Buttonwillow 13CW? haha
              you GOT it .......
              Jaku 峠

Comment

• Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
                this won't be easy. more than 3/4 of the trackhq candidates have never been to Chuckwalla. (I'm planing my excuses like a Pro driver already ) So if we dont win, can we have a Part2 challenge at Buttonwillow 13 CW? haha
                or WSIR, big willow separates the men from the boys

Comment

No "pro" driver would drive a car like that in anger or dress like that while doing it.
                  guess im no pro.

Comment

I would use for mag tests Mark would be of them.

im still one up on him for the CC events... 2-1.. but, i have a feeling he might even it up at his home track..

Comment

• Originally posted by GreyFocus View Post
                      or WSIR, big willow separates the men from the boys
                      that one i wouldnt lose.. . heh

Comment

guess im no pro.
                        Let's see -- races with SCCA and NASA including time trials. Receives cheapo trophy when he win a race. Owns 2001 C5 that looks like it has been run in the Baja 1000 Rally, trailers it to the track himself, does his own work on the car at the track, and runs on scrub tires.

Nope, that guy sure doesn't sound like a "pro."

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                        2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                        2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Let's see -- races with SCCA and NASA including time trials. Receives cheapo trophy when he win a race. Owns 2001 C5 that looks like it has been run in the Baja 1000 Rally, trailers it to the track himself, does his own work on the car at the track, and runs on scrub tires.

The paint job really helped. It looks much better now.

Comment

• Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                            The paint job really helped. It looks much better now.
                            Uuuuhhhh, I think I have seen it at least as recently as you have. I stand by the Baja 1000 Rally comment.

Comment

that one i wouldnt lose.. . heh
                              yeah i feel more then a few drivers here on THQ would have a home field advantage on WSIR, including myself

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post

doesnt much sound like a pro, more like a BAD ASS!

Comment

• Lines will be drawn. Friendships will be tested. Dreams will be crushed. And if were lucky, we may finally find out who the real Astraist is.

Oh and, i forgot to submit myself. Now you guys will never know how slow i really am. Not that any of you care because youve already voted. Bastards! But i voted.
                                Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
                                Robispec
                                Girodisc
                                SCM
                                APR

Comment

Working...
                                X