X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emilio700
    replied
    Originally posted by Stuntman View Post
    I still wanna do it despite the odds stacked against THQ. But to top it all off, they write the article and will spin it any way they want regardless.
    That's my take as well. If one or more of us beats their pros, I suspect they'll issue some caveat or disclaimer. Not exactly a well known online magazine though. It's not like MotoIQ, Edmunds or something that 100K people might see.

Still, if we get waxed, it would kinda suck to to have the article make it sound like we weren't up to the challenge.

Leave a comment:

• Stuntman
    replied
    Originally posted by Leisure Suit Louie View Post
    +2 On the fence right now and considering sitting it out. 1 out lap to try to learn the car and 2 hot laps isn't giving me warm fuzzies.
    I still wanna do it despite the odds stacked against THQ. But to top it all off, they write the article and will spin it any way they want regardless.

Leave a comment:

• Leisure Suit Louie
    replied
    Originally posted by Stuntman View Post
    +1.

With very information provided on their end, their familiarity of the track and cars, and charging the THQ people $75/person to jump right in the deep end for eliminations after 2 laps, seems a bit sketchy to me. Best of luck to everyone going though. I really wish I could have made it to represent and take care of some business.

Kick some @$& for me!
    +2 On the fence right now and considering sitting it out. 1 out lap to try to learn the car and 2 hot laps isn't giving me warm fuzzies.

Leave a comment:

• Stuntman
    replied
    Sorry I couldn't attend the event. With the race at Charlotte this weekend, going to Detroit next weekend, and coming back to SoCal for Halloween, SEMA, Time Attack, and Testing in the next few weeks, I wasn't able to make it work.

Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    and the fact that the magazine "pros" get to know what the cars are before the event...

So you get to spend how many hours in the car to get to and from the track? And then you get to pay for the track so the "magazine" can write the story?
    +1.

With very information provided on their end, their familiarity of the track and cars, and charging the THQ people $75/person to jump right in the deep end for eliminations after 2 laps, seems a bit sketchy to me. Best of luck to everyone going though. I really wish I could have made it to represent and take care of some business.

Kick some @$& for me!

Leave a comment:

• SIK02SS
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
    The Magazine Pros are also regulars at Chuckwalla, including Micky, who built and runs the track and has far more laps at Chuckwalla than anyone else on the planet. And my guess is one of the cars is his personal C6 Z06.
    If so, look out for Ryan, he has some good seat time in a not so properly setup 650hp C6Z

Leave a comment:

• emilio700
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
    The Magazine Pros are also regulars at Chuckwalla, including Micky, who built and runs the track and has far more laps at Chuckwalla than anyone else on the planet. And my guess is one of the cars is his personal C6 Z06.
    It does appear to be heavily stacked in the Magazine Pro's favor. Might be just make the Challenge that much more interesting should one or more of us schmoes prevail.

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    and the fact that the magazine "pros" get to know what the cars are before the event...

So you get to spend how many hours in the car to get to and from the track? And then you get to pay for the track so the "magazine" can write the story?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Andrews
    replied
    Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    i believe so. it will be as fair as possible other then most of our drivers have never been on this track before.

Leave a comment:

• jnathan68
    replied
    Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
    umm. it is 2 hot laps.

talk track with Louie I do enjoy.
    Ummm....I will be working...want to trade? Plus, you just need to make it to the 2nd round to get two more laps
    Last edited by jnathan68; 10-14-2010, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Originally posted by jnathan68 View Post
    I agree with this ^^^^^. Cheap track day in which you get to drive someone else's car and talk trash with comrades is a good day in my book.
    umm. it is 2 hot laps.

talk track with Louie I do enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• J. Tyler
    replied
    I don't care how fast everybody is.... Leisure Suit Louie had better show up. That's all I gotta say.

Leave a comment:

• jnathan68
    replied
    Originally posted by Bueller View Post
    I think you guys are going to do just fine. Just go out there and enjoy the experience.
    I agree with this ^^^^^. Cheap track day in which you get to drive someone else's car and talk trash with comrades is a good day in my book.

Leave a comment:

• Bueller
    replied
    I think you guys are going to do just fine. Just go out there and enjoy the experience.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Originally posted by GreyFocus View Post
    haha come on will, have a little more faith in yourself

at least you've been to the track, unlike me
    hey, I know I am the best driver, other than the other 9 Trackhq'ers.

no, I've also never been to Chuckawalla
    I just hope the car is as close to Miata as possible like that will happen.

Leave a comment:

• GreyFocus
    replied
    Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
    I get to go home early on Monday !!
    haha come on will, have a little more faith in yourself

at least you've been to the track, unlike me

Leave a comment:

Working...
X