• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VagaXt
    replied
    Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
    Sonny.

Thx for the video. First time I look at the track. Designer really likes double apexes !!

Anyone knows curbing here. Do u take them or leave them alone or does it depends on the corner ?
    The paint on the curbs are slippery from what I remember and they also kept pushing me away. I'd stay off of them.

The rumble strips at the corner exits are not too bad, so they should be ok to touch.

Leave a comment:

• J. Tyler
    replied
    Originally posted by Leisure Suit Louie View Post
    +2 On the fence right now and considering sitting it out. 1 out lap to try to learn the car and 2 hot laps isn't giving me warm fuzzies.
    No. You are going. Period.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Sonny.

Thx for the video. First time I look at the track. Designer really likes double apexes !!

Anyone knows curbing here. Do u take them or leave them alone or does it depends on the corner ?

Leave a comment:

• VagaXt
    replied
    Originally posted by GreyFocus View Post
    ^can you link said video?
    Starting at 1:27, you enter the downhill corner I'm talking about. Off in the distance, you see a mountain with two peaks (you can see it better from Emilio's camera view since he has better contrast).

If you point your car's head straight into the gap between the peaks during the initial turn in for the right, immediate look down for the left apex during the downhill. Pointing the car straight at the gap between the peaks will set you up perfectly for the downhill left. You can also see that 3:37 and 5:43.

[YOUTUBE]R8hDaLg37J4[/YOUTUBE]

Here are the other videos I know of from me and Emilio.

[YOUTUBE]YF1Njvwc3Uw[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]kScAon4uQwA[/YOUTUBE]

Leave a comment:

• GreyFocus
    replied
    ^can you link said video?

Leave a comment:

• VagaXt
    replied
    BTW, I've been studying Emilio's and my video from our visit in April and I have some tips to the downhill blind corner before the bowl. I just realized it last night and could help us fly through the descent into the bowl.

Originally posted by GreyFocus View Post
    too bad its not higher, rain would separate the men from the boys
    :doing rain dance:

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    From then on, I only did these sorts of things if they were fun. Otherwise they weren't/aren't worth while.
    Bingo.

Holy crap I hope it rains, even though it would cancel my camping plans.

Leave a comment:

• DocNrock
    replied
    Good luck, you guys! I'll be pullin' for ya!

Leave a comment:

• GreyFocus
    replied
    Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    ^^ Got ya.

BTW, there is a 20% rain on Monday at Chuckwalla.
    too bad its not higher, rain would separate the men from the boys

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied
    ^^ Got ya.

BTW, there is a 20% rain on Monday at Chuckwalla.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Andrews
    replied
    I heard a very wise comment from Dave Coleman once at an Ultimate Street Car Competition.

"Competitions held by media aren't supposed to be fair - they're supposed to be entertaining"

From then on, I only did these sorts of things if they were fun. Otherwise they weren't/aren't worth while.

My bigger point from my last post wasn't that the people who enter are paying for the track - its that they are basically paying for the production cost of the article. As long as the 5 or 10 laps are worth it, then its fine.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    way I look at it. at least if I get beat, I got an excuse
    but if I got beat in a car I am familiar while at BW or WSIR, I just plain suck

better I don't find out, just go on think I am the best there is (except for Astraist of course)

Leave a comment:

• emilio700
    replied
    Originally posted by Stuntman View Post
    Go have some fun
    Pretty much sums it up.

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied
    To my understanding, the magazine pros also won't know what car they are driving until the event. it will be the same with us. I think the magazine is trying to make this as fair as possible, other than most of us here have no track time at Chucwalla before. I think the only trackHQ member that has seat time there is Emilio and Sonny. And again, the track fee is pay to the track not to the magazine. Yes, it would suck if you get eliminated after the first round. but maybe the track owner will let us run the track in our own cars while nothing is in session since we already paid for the $75 insurance.
    I agree there is a good chance we will not win, but lets not jump into conclusion how the article will be written yet. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that it won't be bias. I'm sure they know the odds are against us. That just might increase the possibility of Part 2 at BW#13, which is a home track to all trackHQer's.

Leave a comment:

• Stuntman
    replied
    Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
    That's my take as well. If one or more of us beats their pros, I suspect they'll issue some caveat or disclaimer. Not exactly a well known online magazine though. It's not like MotoIQ, Edmunds or something that 100K people might see.

Still, if we get waxed, it would kinda suck to to have the article make it sound like we weren't up to the challenge.
    :

Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
    Not exactly a well known online magazine though. It's not like MotoIQ, Edmunds or something that 100K people might see.
    Does it matter then anyway?

Go have some fun

Leave a comment:

Working...
X