• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard EVO
    replied
    Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
    Car is Evo
    Too bad I can't make it. I know how to drive an Evo.

It's more like a fwd car than a rwd car. Get all your steering done in the first 1/3 of the turn. Take the inside line wherever possible. You are gonna have to make a decision about turning off all the electronic doodads. Assuming this is an Evo X, you might wanna leave SAYC (super automatic yaw control) on. This is probably obvious, but keep the revs up. If you are in too high a gear and the revs drop too much, it will take you forever to get the turbo spooled up again. If it's an Evo X, hopefully it's a GSR with the 6-speed manual, and not the MR with that crappy SST double-clutch no pedal transmission, which will go into limp mode after 3 laps.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 10-17-2010, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GreyFocus
    replied
    ^car is A evo, so singular? how the hell is a evo's front tires and brakes going to last 20+ drivers driving it LOL

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Car is Evo

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    Definitely only the Challenge drivers allowed on track Monday. Micky told me it's not an open track day, even for trackHQ members who aren't driving in the Challenge.

You guys are gonna like this track. Way better than SOW or ACS Infield. I like better than ACS Roval and maybe even Buttonwillow (I will get flamed for that last one). It flows really well, with great combinations of turns.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Originally posted by VagaXt View Post
    Also, anyone got room on the floor for Sunday night or want to carpool to the event?
    I got room on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• VagaXt
    replied
    Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    ^Monday will not be open to public for lapping.
    I assume "public" includes even us that's in the magazine article.

Also, anyone got room on the floor for Sunday night or want to carpool to the event?

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied
    ^Monday will not be open to public for lapping.

Leave a comment:

• VagaXt
    replied
    And again, the track fee is pay to the track not to the magazine. Yes, it would suck if you get eliminated after the first round. but maybe the track owner will let us run the track in our own cars while nothing is in session since we already paid for the $75 insurance.
    Manly, any words on a possible open day afterward?

Also, I'll see you guys hopefully by 8-8:30am on Monday at Chuckwalla.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    $175 to register online.
    $200 if you do it trackside.

for sunday

https://www.starcarsports.com/

I booked the same hotel. $99 per nite, 2 beds. AAA discount.
    Fantasy Springs Resort in Indio

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Ok, I am officially going (kicking and screaming).

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    All you have to do is show up. I doubt its a freebie. $150 I think.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    See you guys tomorrow afternoon. Charles and i will start driving over there in the morning. Clint, i think we have space for one person on the floor. So you get first dibs. We made reservation at the Fantasy Springs Resort in Indio, about 40 minutes from the track. Believe it or not, that's the closest hotel to the track.
    where do we register for tomrrow's track day ? or is that a freebie ?

Leave a comment:

• GreyFocus
    replied
    See you guys tomorrow afternoon. Charles and i will start driving over there in the morning. Clint, i think we have space for one person on the floor. So you get first dibs. We made reservation at the Fantasy Springs Resort in Indio, about 40 minutes from the track. Believe it or not, that's the closest hotel to the track.
    cool man, thanks, just need a small space on the floor or the bath tub LOL

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GreyFocus
    replied
    anyone have a floor i can crash on sunday night? ll pitch in for room expense

Leave a comment:

Working...
X