Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
    From post 1

Remains to be seen if it actually happens, but there it is.
    I guess I didn't really pay attention at that point since I knew I was out of the running.

e
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

• How is the "voting" for the drivers that rep trackHQ actually going to happen?
      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
        How is the "voting" for the drivers that rep trackHQ actually going to happen?
        updated first post with instructions for the voting process here:
        http://www.trackhq.com/forums/f303/a...396/#post51545

Comment

• what magazine is this event pertaining to?

Comment

• Auto Eclectic Magazine

A new online publication with a focus on all performance cars

Here is the site: Auto Eclectic, A Collection of Automotive Passion

Here is the current issue: Auto Eclectic August Issue

In this issue there is a track shootout and the guys on TrackHQ.com starting running their mouths about slow times of our Pro drivers. So the challenge was set TrackHQ.com VS Mag Pros

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfevo View Post
              In this issue there is a track shootout and the guys on TrackHQ.com starting running their mouths about slow times of our Pro drivers. So the challenge was set TrackHQ.com VS Mag Pros
              who dares to challenge Mag Pros

Mod class S2K or Miata would not of beat the Mosler, what the heck were Trackhq'ers thinking
              S1 Supermiata - 220whp
              13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
              17 GT350R
              03 Miata Club Sport
              96 NSX
              06 EVO MR
              15 Mini Cooper S
              Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

this doesn't sound like a friendly attempt at an entertaining article as much as magazine guys getting bent out of shape and trying to make a point? Did you guys really get as spun up about the peanut gallery on Track HQ as your post suggests?

You guys know, the following, and you know the public doesn't usually get this: The goal is to get reliable data for a comparison in someone else's equipment that have been prepped to questionable levels when the magazine gets there hands on them. And if its a multiple car test, the drivers get a few laps in any one car before they have to drive another one.
                Turn your iphone into an action camera:
                www.igloocase.com
                www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Comment

Auto Eclectic Magazine

A new online publication with a focus on all performance cars

Here is the site: Auto Eclectic, A Collection of Automotive Passion

Here is the current issue: Auto Eclectic August Issue

I might be a little slow, not only on track, but is Surfevo the magazine's editor? Dun dun dun
                  At least initially he was pretending to not be.

e
                  Last edited by Red_5; 08-26-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• the honest truth..

magazine looks like it was designed by a freshman in highschool using microsoft word... the verbiage is equally as bad... actually its painful & embarrassing to read.
                    driving cars n stuff....

Comment

• Originally posted by nils View Post
                      Hey, whaddya say we wait until after the shootout to say things like that...?
                      HP Autowerks 335i - 1st Place @ RTA Las Vegas 2010
                      HP Autowerks 335i @ Buttonwillow - 1:59.1
                      HP Autowerks 335i @ Laguna Seca
                      Buttonwillow dorifto
                      Lexus IS-F @ Chuckwalla
                      100cc TonyKart @ Adams
                      125cc TonyKart Shifter @ Apex

Comment

• Originally posted by J. Tyler View Post
                        Hey, whaddya say we wait until after the shootout to say things like that...?
                        that was the best auto magazine I've read !!
                        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                        13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                        17 GT350R
                        03 Miata Club Sport
                        96 NSX
                        06 EVO MR
                        15 Mini Cooper S
                        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• Originally posted by nils View Post
                          the honest truth..

magazine looks like it was designed by a freshman in highschool using microsoft word... the verbiage is equally as bad... actually its painful & embarrassing to read.
                          Throwing them fighten wurds.....
                          Milkshake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I might have missed this too but does the magazine have to bring the pro drivers from the original article?

e

Comment

• now that we are getting off topic, "pro" is almost as inappropriately used of a term as "race" on car forums.

HPDE and time attack aren't a "race". And "pro's" that don't pay their bills and live off of an income made from racing or testing cars are not professionals. Not taking away from talented people here or those who have worked with magazine staffs. Just kind of a pet peeve of mine - kind of like saying "good" when you should use "well", or leaving dangling participles at the end of sentances...

/rant
                              Turn your iphone into an action camera:
                              www.igloocase.com
                              www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
                                now that we are getting off topic, "pro" is almost as inappropriately used of a term as "race" on car forums.

HPDE and time attack aren't a "race". And "pro's" that don't pay their bills and live off of an income made from racing or testing cars are not professionals. Not taking away from talented people here or those who have worked with magazine staffs. Just kind of a pet peeve of mine - kind of like saying "good" when you should use "well", or leaving dangling participles at the end of sentances...

/rant
                                "Sentences..." :P

But yeah, I agree with you on the "race" and "pro" definitions.
                                Driving to the limit is my goal.
                                Winning with Team 949 Racing is merely the result.
                                2013 NASA TTD National Champion
                                NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill Winner: 2011 E2 Class & 2012 E1 Class.
                                Multiple wins in NASA PT and WERC series, with many more to come.

Cheer for us during races throughout the year and like us on Facebook and Twitter!

"Drive well and have fun." Drive W2W in the SuperMiata Race Series. Also, see me in action on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X