Collapse

TrackHQ.com VS Magazine Pros Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, I vote for this battle to take place on Oct. 18, since it'll be cooler for everyone to race.
    Driving to the limit is my goal.
    Winning with Team 949 Racing is merely the result.
    2013 NASA TTD National Champion
    NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill Winner: 2011 E2 Class & 2012 E1 Class.
    Multiple wins in NASA PT and WERC series, with many more to come.

Cheer for us during races throughout the year and like us on Facebook and Twitter!

"Drive well and have fun." Drive W2W in the SuperMiata Race Series. Also, see me in action on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
      I don't like the idea of using an EVO.
      +1

ABS
      AWD
      AYC
      ACD

YUK

In my experience, the Evo does the best job of masking bad inputs and poor lines of any current production car. Perhaps not the ideal choice to determine who is skilled and who is merely aggressive. I guess it'll have one of those semi-auto transmissions that doesn't require the driver to match revs while threshold trail braking.

Most likely, it's just what the magazine has available. In any case, the driver that adapts the best will have the lowest lap times regardless of what the vehicle is. The differences may just be a lot smaller with a car that kinda drives itself.

The Z06, OTOH, is like a big, stinkin fast Miata. Drive sloppy or pick bad lines and you go slow.
      WWW.949RACING.COM
      SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
      But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Andrews View Post
        I kind of think it would be cool to see trackhq rep'd by guys that dont make pretty regular media appearances. Having drivers at have reputations already outside of track hq win this thing would be kind of anti climatic. But to have guys like Clint, rob, William, sonny, and AJ represent the group would be a more compelling outcome IMO. They are all fast. (not intentionally leaving anyone off my list of fast guys here - these are just examples of guys i know and think of off the top of my head ) I mean, if the top 'prize' is being a test driver for them, why not send people that would actually appreciate the honor?

Just a thought...
        yeah i like this also

all jokes aside, i would love to be involved in this, but if members on THQ feel their are more capable people then I to make the ten then i do understand, we should put our best foot forward...

i guess ill just have to see how the cookie crumbles

Comment

• ^Agree with Clint here. We all want to go, but the best foot forward is best for this thing.

Also, stock Evos do drive themselves.
          Driving to the limit is my goal.
          Winning with Team 949 Racing is merely the result.
          2013 NASA TTD National Champion
          NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill Winner: 2011 E2 Class & 2012 E1 Class.
          Multiple wins in NASA PT and WERC series, with many more to come.

Cheer for us during races throughout the year and like us on Facebook and Twitter!

"Drive well and have fun." Drive W2W in the SuperMiata Race Series. Also, see me in action on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by VagaXt View Post
            ^Agree with Clint here. We all want to go, but the best foot forward is best for this thing.

Also, stock Evos do drive themselves.
            yeah i really dont hink a AWD car of any sort should be involved in this battle. 2 wheel drive ftw

Comment

• Don't you guys understand that you have absolutely ZERO input on what cars the Magazine brings for the challenge? It doesn't matter whether an Evo X drives itself or not. If the Magazine brings it, it is part of the challenge.
              The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
              1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
              2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
              2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                Don't you guys understand that you have absolutely ZERO input on what cars the Magazine brings for the challenge? It doesn't matter whether an Evo X drives itself or not. If the Magazine brings it, it is part of the challenge.
                Agree with the above and just feel we need to forward the best drivers.

With picking 10 to 12, the list will most likely include a few "pro" TrackHQ'ers but should also include a few "un-sung" drivers who we all know are good.

I just want to see this happen...should be very cool

Comment

Don't you guys understand that you have absolutely ZERO input on what cars the Magazine brings for the challenge? It doesn't matter whether an Evo X drives itself or not. If the Magazine brings it, it is part of the challenge.
                  it is going to be a press fleet car the Magazine happens to have in stock. most likely, a few of Trackhq'ers will drive too aggressive, cook the stock brakes, and goes off roading.
                  S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                  13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                  17 GT350R
                  03 Miata Club Sport
                  96 NSX
                  06 EVO MR
                  15 Mini Cooper S
                  Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• Surfevo,

One thing about the Corvette C6 Z06; the brake padlets wear extremely fast and the allen key pins are notorious for seizing up and being difficult to remove. There is a significant risk of running out of brakes on the Z06.

Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by M.Bonanni View Post
                      Well, I lurk on here more than I post, but what the hell, sounds like a ton of fun.

Mike Bonanni
                      - Current 2010 Street Tire RWD Redline Time Attack Points Leader
                      - Current Redline Time Attack Street Tire RWD lap record holder @ Buttonwillow
                      - Have driven/owned a bunch of different production cars on track.
                      - Involved in test driving for many aftermarket parts companies.
                      - My mom says I am the best driver there is.
                      - Matt Andrews says I am the 2nd best driver there is.
                      - Manly Kao thinks I suck though.
                      - I drive flat out.
                      - I have a custom painted helmet. (As seen to the left.)

Bonanni Motorsports | Home

I can't do October 18th if thats the final date, but I can do September 24th or 27th.
                      75 posts is enough to make you a legit member. I predict manly moves this post to the "other" thread.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Is Troy Castaneda driving at this challenge?
                        Aztec Racing
                        fsae.sdsu.edu

www.hikickracing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                          Surfevo,

One thing about the Corvette C6 Z06; the brake padlets wear extremely fast and the allen key pins are notorious for seizing up and being difficult to remove. There is a significant risk of running out of brakes on the Z06.

Rob
                          On a stock radiator at the ambient temperatures that might be reached at Chuckwalla in Sept. and probably even in Oct., overheating might be a problem too, with several drivers flogging the car.

Comment

• Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
                            it is going to be a press fleet car the Magazine happens to have in stock. most likely, a few of Trackhq'ers will drive too aggressive, cook the stock brakes, and goes off roading.
                            Sounds like fun . . .

Not much you can hit at Chuckwall except that front-straight pit wall.

Comment

On a stock radiator at the ambient temperatures that might be reached at Chuckwalla in Sept. and probably even in Oct., overheating might be a problem too, with several drivers flogging the car.
                              If it can go 3 laps before overheating, that will be plenty and it will probably cool off fast if you go for a short drive at 50mph in a tall gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                                If it can go 3 laps before overheating, that will be plenty and it will probably cool off fast if you go for a short drive at 50mph in a tall gear.
                                That's not much of an endorsement of the C6 Z06 cooling system on track.

Comment

Working...
                                X