Which car / what mods required for HPDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Porsche 914??

I saw a 914 at Cal Speedway Roval last weekend. It was quicker than lots of modern P cars that day. Wonder what kind of mods he had. JC might know.

This one right here:

Comment

I have a mostly-stock RX-8. So far I have added sway bars, upgraded to Porterfield R4-S brake pads, added a racing seat + harness, and RT-615 tires. I feel I'm running respectable times for this car and setup.

1:34.384 Streets CW; 1:34.616 Streets CCW; 1:47.077 Big Willow; 2:16.930 BW 13CW; 2:57.259 Spring Mtn
      www.team5racing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
        I saw a 914 at Cal Speedway Roval last weekend. It was quicker than lots of modern P cars that day. Wonder what kind of mods he had. JC might know.

This one right here:
        That is Jim Steedman's car. It is actually a 916 if there is such a thing. It has a six cylinder engine. His daughter drives the 914 you sometimes see at Speed Ventures and almost always at Porsche Owners Club events.

Jim's car is a quick little gem.

Oli
        To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post

This one right here:
          He has a different motor in there. I think maybe a 3.2 but I am not sure. It is light. I can almost keep up with him sometimes on some tracks, but he has been smoking me at WSIR I think he is down to 1:30's.

That car is pretty light and well prepared.
          John
          #522 996 Spec / GTS3
          JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
            what kind of coilover do u have ? need to be careful when people say "just need a coilover". it could be $500 Ksport or $5,000 Moton
            Right now I'm on Robispec's Race KWs coilovers, which retail at $3500. I just recently put these on, about 2 months ago, and before that I was using Robi's Clubsports KWs, $2800.
            Erik Islas
            ROBISPEC http://robispec.com/
            Quality used miata parts http://www.2ndchanceroadster.com/

Comment

Originally posted by zjchaser View Post
              Manly's setup...stock Elise with upgraded brake pads and fluid.
              That was my setup with an Exige.

They are very sensitive to alignment. as long as you get one with at least the sport pack you are good to go.
              Any reason for changing fluid?

Comment

VA STI:
                Pads and fluid;
                Alignment

No need to change anything else but it will overheat above 88F. Just don't run hot days or install a set of oil cooler and radiator.
                Pretty neutral in mid corner.
                Turn-in feels nose heavy.

If anyone wants to go higher HP with their subaru engine, why not sell the car and buy M2.
                Last edited by jqsti2015; 03-28-2017, 03:23 AM.
                VA(15) STI/FRS

Comment

Working...
                X