X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackbird
    replied
    Just seeing this.
    Bummer man, but you'll be able to put it back together.
    And yeah, good job taking hands off the wheel before impact!

Leave a comment:

• bawareca
    replied
    Yeah, my plan is to straighten the panels a bit and go back to the track soon.
    10 years ago there were at least 5 E30s in every pick-a-part yard, but now a so-so quality fender is $250.

Leave a comment:

• granth
    replied
    I know the feeling here recently too not fun, good job with hands off the wheel at impact....

Leave a comment:

• Stubborn Approach
    replied
    The curbing there really does turn to ice after some water gets on them. Had a pretty wet and wild time on Saturday myself.

Glad it was mainly cosmetic, and could be nursed back into the pits.

Leave a comment:

• Olitho
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolTech View Post
    I agree with Rob - do minimal body work as the remaining stuff can be proud battle scars.
    Towards the end of the season I like it when my car has that "Don't eff with me look."

Leave a comment:

• CoolTech
    replied
    Glad you are OK. Shows how fast crap can happen. I agree with Rob - do minimal body work as the remaining stuff can be proud battle scars.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    ouch !! glad you are not hurt. someone wants you to build a Spec Vette NOW !!

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Id be tempted to leave the body ugly and focus on chassis development, then pretty it up again once the big experiments are done.

Leave a comment:

• markn
    replied
    Sorry to see this. Damage looks to be cosmetic for the most part so hopefully the repair won’t be too involved. This car is one of my favorite thq ‘projects’ so please don’t give up on it. Look at it this way - you are halfway to that wide body that you wanted anyway. Just needed an excuse. Now you have it.

Leave a comment:

• Force McCocken
    replied
    Living, breathing, everything's fine.

Could have been lots worse!

Leave a comment:

• SteveLevin
    replied
    Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
    Well crap.
    Yeah, that.

Leave a comment:

• fatbillybob
    replied
    Bummer. Many of us have been there. No injury means only car parts...that's a win. Glad you are ok.

Leave a comment:

• GraemeD
    replied
    Looks like a little buffing, and some new decals, good as new

Kidding aside, Bummer,

Leave a comment:

• bawareca
    replied
    Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Where did it happen?
    Sunset. There is a video link at the top of the post.
    Thanks guys. Looks like it needs some body parts and a tie rod. From the initial evaluation it looks like that the frame is straight, no fluid leaking and no suspension damage except a tie rod. I was expecting it to be worse, but I was able to drive to the paddock.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Where did it happen?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X