• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA SoCal Buttonwillow April 6/7

Who's going?
    Schedule released: http://socal.drivenasa.com/SchedBWApril13.pdf

I'll be there for PTE.

Anyone interested in doing the Endurance Tag Team deal? I could be convinced if someone was looking for a partner. If not, I'll be helping 949.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TagTeam.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	235518
    -Anthony
    1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
    2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque

Signed up for H4
    http://touringcarclub.net/

Comment

Still holding out till my cars done. On a good note. Car is back from paint. Now time for stickers.. Woo hoo
      That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Comment

I'll be taking photos while the enduro is going on, but I'm thinking of super-sizing into PTE.
        www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

In for ST2.
          ~ Jim Tway
          Tway Motorsports
          (714) 528-2150
          #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
          Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
          PA Construction
          American Heritage Performance

Comment

Originally posted by jimt View Post
            In for ST2.
            In ahead of Tway and on the top step.
            To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
              I'll be taking photos while the enduro is going on, but I'm thinking of super-sizing into PTE.
              What? On a weekend I'm not there?
              99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
              '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

I'm going.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
                  What? On a weekend I'm not there?
                  Yes. It's much easier to do when I, you know, have a car. And boy I could use the seat time.
                  www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

So hows everyone doing? Someone should take pics of the qualifying times and race results.
                    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
                    Robispec
                    Girodisc
                    SCM
                    APR

Comment

PTE Saturday:
                      Podium- Gordon, Fuzzy, white/orange miata from NorCal
                      3 people, including myself, DNFed. I had "electrical problems", emilio had engine problems, and the 2nd mother's car had a pretty violent airborne off at the bus stop (which I caught on camera).

PTE Sunday:
                      Podium - E3 Saturn, Anthony, Fuzzy
                      The Saturn got me on the start and I couldn't get past him. I'd try to stick my nose inside and put some pressure on him but then I would make a mistake and spend the next few laps catching up again.
                      Here's my Sunday race video. NASA PTE Race Buttonwillow 4/7/2013 13CCW - YouTube
                      -Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by b3d3g1 View Post
                        PTE Saturday:
                        Podium- Gordon, Fuzzy, white/orange miata from NorCal
                        3 people, including myself, DNFed. I had "electrical problems", emilio had engine problems, and the 2nd mother's car had a pretty violent airborne off at the bus stop (which I caught on camera).

PTE Sunday:
                        Podium - E3 Saturn, Anthony, Fuzzy
                        The Saturn got me on the start and I couldn't get past him. I'd try to stick my nose inside and put some pressure on him but then I would make a mistake and spend the next few laps catching up again.
                        Here's my Sunday race video. NASA PTE Race Buttonwillow 4/7/2013 13CCW - YouTube
                        Is the Mothers driver/car ok? Who was driving? Post the video. Watched some of your Sun race video, you were a lot faster than the Saturn. Knowing what you know now, what would you have done different?

RRE
                        Robispec
                        Girodisc
                        SCM
                        APR

Comment

Originally posted by Bueller View Post
                          Is the Mothers driver/car ok? Who was driving? Post the video.
                          ok, maybe I exaggerated a little bit about the mother's car. Here's a video of Saturday's Start and first lap plus the mother's car spin. I doubt anyone got hurt because I think this car logged at least 2 more laps before stopping.
                          NASA PTE 3/6/2013 Start and First Lap - YouTube

Originally posted by Bueller View Post
                          Knowing what you know now, what would you have done different?
                          I don't know. I'm still new to race craft and Sunday was my 4th w2w race. Looks like I made up the most time on the Saturn between the esses and bus stop. I guess timing a pass at riverside would have been my best bet besides waiting for a mistake. I knew he was an experienced endurance racer so I figured he knows how to drive within his limits at a reasonable pace. I only saw small mistakes that didn't leave much room to capitalize plus it was the final race on my provisional license. I'm definitely open to suggestions or critique.
                          -Anthony

Comment

As I said on FB, I think you made the right decision to not force a pass while still on a provisional. You've had some great races already, you'll have plenty more opportunities. I haven't watched the race yet, I hope to learn a thing or two as well from it.
                            99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                            '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by b3d3g1 View Post
                              I don't know. I'm still new to race craft and Sunday was my 4th w2w race. Looks like I made up the most time on the Saturn between the esses and bus stop. I guess timing a pass at riverside would have been my best bet besides waiting for a mistake. I knew he was an experienced endurance racer so I figured he knows how to drive within his limits at a reasonable pace. I only saw small mistakes that didn't leave much room to capitalize plus it was the final race on my provisional license. I'm definitely open to suggestions or critique.
                              I remember now that you mentioned you just started racing. Congrats! As for suggestions, im at P25 on BRPs top 25 for 1CCW so youre probably better off listening to someone else. I only glanced through a few laps, but i agree with Eric that you did good not forcing a pass since youre on your provisional. Other than that, one thing i remember is that your min speeds in some of the corners are a little low. If your suspension is something other than the SM setup, keep in mind ive only driven an SM so i dont have experience between a PT Miata with suspension vs the SM stuff. Lots of fast Miata guys here who can help you, and im guessing you know them all. Good job and keep at it.

RRE
                              Robispec
                              Girodisc
                              SCM
                              APR

Comment

Working...
                              X