Thunderhill repave video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderhill repave video

For those who haven't gotten up to Thunderhill since it was repaved in August, here's a quick spot of video from a track day in my SRF.

Aside from the pavement, the biggest difference are in some of the kerbs -- whilst lower, they have a much more aggressive profile in places right now and can bounce the car around. However, it wouldn't surprise me if they are reprofiled a bit more before the SCCA event at the end of October.

http://vimeo.com/1851151

Steve

nice video
    -Owen Guo / REN motorsports

Comment

Very cool. I really like that track.

How much slower is using the top of the hill vs. the by-pass used during the NASA 25 Hour?

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman View Post
        Very cool. I really like that track.

How much slower is using the top of the hill vs. the by-pass used during the NASA 25 Hour?
        i believe roughly 5-6 seconds.

plus the repave made the track about 2 seconds faster too.
        Montinola Racing | www.montinola.com
        Silicon Valley Racing | www.DriveSVR.com
        Driver Coaching :: Private Track Events

Comment

I was there last month....never been there on the previous pavement though.
          From what I understand the new pavement is worth 2 seconds, or so I've heard. The track is super smooth and you can definitely tell that the curbing was re-profiled cause it sounds like the rumble strips on the highway....The surface of the curbing is very rough (I think they just took a tumbler to them or a scarifying machine).
          Check out my '08 build on s2ki.com here....rob.ok track build.

Comment

it may be smoother than before, but the track is still bumpy!! especially in the bypass
            Montinola Racing | www.montinola.com
            Silicon Valley Racing | www.DriveSVR.com
            Driver Coaching :: Private Track Events

Comment

Originally posted by MontinolaRacing View Post
              it may be smoother than before, but the track is still bumpy!! especially in the bypass
              I thought it was pretty smooth (other than the bypass). I forgot how much I like that track, it's been over 2 years...

Comment

On the backside of the bypass there was a rather large undulation to the right side but over all the surface was much better than any of the southern CA tracks. There has already been a good deal of patch work done though in a few corners....not sure why though, but they give good reference points.
                Check out my '08 build on s2ki.com here....rob.ok track build.

Comment

Working...
                X