Click image for larger version

Name:	SV-infineon-config.gif
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	234625

Who's going?
    What class?
    What motel?

Team 949 Racing should be there testing our enduro cars for a 3hr race at Thunderhill the next weekend May 19/20.

Infineon Raceway
    May 12, 2012
    Speed Ventures Miata Challenge round #4
    Brought to you by Super Miata and 949 Racing
    Register
    2012 event schedule
    Rules and Regulations
    Track Location

Infineon is arguably the most challenging road course on the west coast and one of the best in the world.

The bulk of the entrants make the haul up from Socal. We have run there three times now and they are always memorable events. Everyone eats at Maya Palenque in Novato Saturday night. Twice we have had rain one day, lots of slipping and sliding through the carousel. Few things more fun than driving Infineon in the rain. Good times.

Last year we did a wheel to wheel trophy race on Saturday. Just a handful of cars had cages but it was fun. BID won, hence the ridiculously ginormous trophy. Aaron has a good sense of humor. We brought our Rotax TAG kart. Infineon has a world class kart track up on the hill.

Name:	MC1_012912_2.jpg
Size:	701.9 KB
ID:	234626

Name:	030611_Infineon_1.jpg
Size:	542.8 KB
ID:	234627
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Wish I could be there, but I don't own a Miata. I recommend the Best Western Novato Oaks Inn as the place to stay. Not cheap like the motels you stay at when going to tracks that are in the middle of the desert, but it's nice has a great restuarant next door (the Wild Fox), and considering the neighborhood, is reasonably priced. About 10 miles from the track.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

I prefer the Inn Marin one exit prior. Walking distance to Maya Palenque, which is an important factor considering how tasty their margaritas are.
      Last edited by emilio700; 04-26-2012, 04:04 PM.
      WWW.949RACING.COM
      SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
      But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

PTE cars are typically in the Modified class? I ran the points quickly for my build and that seemed about right...

Comment

Originally posted by gkmccready View Post
          PTE cars are typically in the Modified class? I ran the points quickly for my build and that seemed about right...
          My car snuck into Modified in Jan but if I had installed my Lexan windshield it would have bumped me into Super Modified. From what I know about your car, I'd guess modified but might depend on what tires you're running.
          99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
          '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Working...
          X