Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Lap of Infineon - Joe VS Pro.

Or in this case, Mike (1:41.0) VS Pro (1:39.5):

I'm still working on the car setup a little. We went the wrong direction at Laguna last month and started over with the factory setup. Trying to tame the understeer on entry and lack of grip on exit.. hopefully it'll be sorted out by the IMSA race at Laguna in Sept. The car has another 1 - 1.5 seconds in it if we can improve the setup.

I still can't get the MoTeC wheel lockup indicator working rite... /sigh.

-mike
    twitter: updates from the track.
    youtube: in-car videos.

Thanks for posting. It must have been fun comparing your data with your friends. Who is he btw? I saw in the other thread you noted that other than driving here in June, you havent driven this track since 2002. That probably accounts for most of the difference between your lap and his.
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Comment

Originally posted by Bueller View Post
      Thanks for posting. It must have been fun comparing your data with your friends. Who is he btw? I saw in the other thread you noted that other than driving here in June, you havent driven this track since 2002. That probably accounts for most of the difference between your lap and his.
      Other driver is JvO. I think I'm pretty comfortable with the track now, but the last second or so in lap times have been extremely challenging to make up. Having him help me and being able to compare data/video helps a lot.. but even when you know the car should be able to do something, actually being able to get it to do it is another story! Especially T1 at Infineon... such a difficult corner to get rite. When comparing our data at Thunderhill and Infineon (on the same days in the same car w/ the same tires/setup) our MPH everywhere is really close.. maybe + or - 1-3 MPH.. but in T1 at Infineon we're talking almost 10 MPH difference all the way into T2 (and I feel like I'm on the verge of crashing the entire time already, entry speed in the motec of around 130 MPH).

I don't think it's his volleyball sized attachments making the difference as I probably care less about crashing the car than he does. It's just super natural feel and talent I haven't found... yet.

Still have a long ways to go.... lol!

-mike
      twitter: updates from the track.
      youtube: in-car videos.

Comment

T1? Just keep your foot down and the hill will catch you!!
        --Chris Ronson Jr--
        www.ronsonracing.com

T1 Corvette roller for sale

Comment

Working...
        X