• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by afgmoto1978 View Post
    Congrats!

Comment

Did they claim any cars?

did you guys get in without any penalty laps?

Good finish.

Which car won?
      Corvette Specialty C6
      Life is like a race, the best times win!

Comment

We started seventh and during the first driver stint got up to first. This was during the only rain we experienced (heavy rain at that); Cameron did a super hero job considering the number of inexperienced drivers on the course. We were then first for the first 5 hours until one of our drivers destroyed one of the temporary barriers on the back straight chicane. We were originally accessed a 2 hour penalty and a $750 fine, but we were able to talk them down to only one hour. Fortunately the Nerf bar I made saved the car, besides the paint being messed you couldn’t really tell. However, the nerf bar was pushed back roughly 2 inches. During the 6pm-8:30pm Halloween break we replaced the radiator, plugs and plug wires, oil, fuel pump assembly, fuel filter, installed my custom HID light pod I made and changed the flat spotted 300 wear tires (we won an award for that). During the whole race we were fighting an odd fuel starvation issue, where we would get starvation at roughly half tank. The problem didn’t go away even after replacing the whole fuel pump assembly and fuel filter during our break. During the restart we changed drivers during the penalty; got back out there, then he proceeded to loose it on turn 7 and got stuck in the mud. Can’t really blame him, when I was out on my stint I was driving by Braille on turn 7 it was so blind. Anyways, we got another stop and go for that. By then we were in 27th position. We worked our way up the field after that. I gained 7 spots back even after getting penalized for being too aggressive on my 8 car white flag pass. During the fog, Brian and Cameron made up a lot of time, but at extremely great risk on their part. The fog was so bad the organizers finally stopped the race until 8 am when the sun was up enough to see the track. By then we were 14th, just a few laps out of the top ten. The following three drivers then got us up to 9th. Then I did the final stage driving like a bat out of hell, pissed off a lot of people with some at the edge dive bomb passes and pinch offs, but was able to get up to 8th with the aid of the Volvo team getting accessed a penalty box stop and go penalty. Towards the end the clutch was slipping so badly I had to slowly roll into the throttle, tires were super greasy, and the Cobalt brakes were finally fading after 20 hours of awesome performance. It was awesome!
        Last edited by afgmoto1978; 11-04-2009, 12:02 PM.

Comment

As far as I know they did not claim any cars, although if they have claimed the winning number 33 miata I would have taken out a loan to buy it. They were consistent, penalty free and fast.

The trophies where amazing pieces of metal art!

Added Photos
          Attached Files
          Last edited by afgmoto1978; 11-04-2009, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by afgmoto1978 View Post
            As far as I know they did not claim any cars, although if they have claimed the winning number 33 miata I would have taken out a loan to buy it. They were consistent, penalty free and fast.

The trophies where amazing pieces of metal art!
            Sounds like a lot of fun, stressful but fun.

That what is all about. Good work getting through all that adversity.
            Corvette Specialty C6
            Life is like a race, the best times win!

Comment

Moar!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X