Pacific Raceways test n tune 2/4/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Raceways test n tune 2/4/12

Anyone attending next weekend? Looks like the pnw is awful quiet on this forum but worth a shot.

I have heard great things about Pacific Raceways, but it is a long way from Los Angeles. Hope to get up there someday.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
      I have heard great things about Pacific Raceways, but it is a long way from Los Angeles. Hope to get up there someday.
      This will be my first time at Pacific. Just a suggestion though if you head up this way, make your way to ORP. Spend a whole weekend if possible.

Comment

Pacific is a pretty fun layout, but the track could use a good repave, and your runoff is normally about 10-15 feet of wet grass leading to trees. It is a damn fun track though. Though I'd really recommend trying to get there in the dry. In the wet it is like driving on polished rock.

ORP is also a blast. Only real concern is that many of the corners are blind, so it someone spins ahead of you, you will probably have less time to react than you would like.

I'm with Norman though, as long as you are going North, you might as well hit as many tracks as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by luder_5555 View Post
          Though I'd really recommend trying to get there in the dry. In the wet it is like driving on polished rock.
          So I've heard.

Originally posted by luder_5555 View Post
          ORP is also a blast. Only real concern is that many of the corners are blind, so it someone spins ahead of you, you will probably have less time to react than you would like.
          Never really found that to be an issue. Then again how quickly can a 90 hp Miata eat up track?

Comment

Then again how quickly can a 90 hp Miata eat up track?
            Finally a question I know the answer to!!!

Comment

They are doing these every weekend I believe (for approx 8 weekends?). I will go down for the first time for one of the february dates. I will try to get video/solo data for those interested.

Comment

Originally posted by heelntoe View Post
                They are doing these every weekend I believe (for approx 8 weekends?). I will go down for the first time for one of the february dates. I will try to get video/solo data for those interested.
                Correct. Pretty good pricing as well. I may do another depending on school work load.

Comment

Do you know if anybody rents race cars for open test days at PR?
                  The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                  1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                  2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                  2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

My only suggestion would be to contact Proformance.

ProFormance Racing School

Comment

Had a great time this weekend and definitely glad I went to check out a new track. Best times in my stock powered 1.6 Miata were ~1:49-1:50.

Here's a clip from the end of the day trying to chase a 2008 S2000 CR.

Comment

Looks like you had a blast. Im going to try to make it for the 18th or 25th, maybe even both!

Comment

I'd love to make it back in March but need to focus on school as well so staying local is more ideal. Will see how things go.

Comment

Working...
                          X